aftermarket head unit/bezel ?

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So does this mean that you're able to retain all of your factory options on the aftermarket stereo? Sorry new to the chat but this is my next upgrade to my Ranger.
You retain the factory options with either the metra or idata cables. The idata is easier and has more bells and whistles than the metra setup.
Sponsored

edelatorre10

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4 Magnetic
Occupation
Registered Nurse
You retain the factory options with either the metra or idata cables. The idata is easier and has more bells and whistles than the metra setup.
This includes backup camera and steering wheel controls?

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
This includes backup camera and steering wheel controls?
Yes steering wheel controls work with both. The reverse camera I explained how I connected it in conjunction with the metra harness. Iā€™m going to guess and say idata itā€™s connected with the harness.

bltfrdtgh

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL STX 4x4
Occupation
Ford Service Manager
Yes steering wheel controls work with both. The reverse camera I explained how I connected it in conjunction with the metra harness. Iā€™m going to guess and say idata itā€™s connected with the harness.
I just finished installing mine. Actually the back up camera is the last thing I have to figure out. I canā€™t find Ranger instructions so Iā€™m going off of F150 stuff.. canā€™t figure out where to hook up the actual back up camera from the truck.

This is a 19 XL going from the 4.3ā€ screen to a 8ā€ Pioneer DMH-C5500NEX with the metra 108-FD9B which is made specifically for this radio to give it a nice flush factory look in my opinion. I did the Maestro FO2 harness with the idatalink RR2. Everything is working great i just have to connect the OBD2 wires tomorrow and figure out the back up camera.

729ACB64-4B7F-4E4E-B977-778288866B8D.jpeg

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just finished installing mine. Actually the back up camera is the last thing I have to figure out. I canā€™t find Ranger instructions so Iā€™m going off of F150 stuff.. canā€™t figure out where to hook up the actual back up camera from the truck.

This is a 19 XL going from the 4.3ā€ screen to a 8ā€ Pioneer DMH-C5500NEX with the metra 108-FD9B which is made specifically for this radio to give it a nice flush factory look in my opinion. I did the Maestro FO2 harness with the idatalink RR2. Everything is working great i just have to connect the OBD2 wires tomorrow and figure out the back up camera.
It was in a different thread about the back up camera. Heres how:
Pin 14 positive, 15 negative, 33 is the shield that needs grounded on the harness.
We just tapped the wires and it works like a charm.
The maestro idata harness doesn't just pull the camera into the mix? We had spoken with them on the phone doing mine, figured they would have addressed it and had it tied in.

Just wondering with your idata setup, do you have a screen that shows all the features functions? like tps, boost, mph, etc??

Last edited:

bltfrdtgh

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Service Manager
It was in a different thread about the back up camera. Heres how:
Pin 14 positive, 15 negative, 33 is the shield that needs grounded on the harness.
We just tapped the wires and it works like a charm.
The maestro idata harness doesn't just pull the camera into the mix? We had spoken with them on the phone doing mine, figured they would have addressed it and had it tied in.

Just wondering with your idata setup, do you have a screen that shows all the features functions? like tps, boost, mph, etc??
oh ok cool thanks. It came with a harness for the back up camera but no where on the truck to plug it in..

once i hook up the OBD2 wires i will upload another picture. Not sure what all is integrated in it with this radio yet.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
So does this mean that you're able to retain all of your factory options on the aftermarket stereo? Sorry new to the chat but this is my next upgrade to my Ranger.
with idata you would retain everything like sync, factory bluetooth, and all that, in addition to gaining gauges, tire pressure, ect. they would be actual sources. I like this harness, but I didn't want it tying up my obd2 connection, I am happy with the metra setup it works well for me, i have all full steering wheel controls and backup camera working.

bltfrdtgh

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Service Manager
with idata you would retain everything like sync, factory bluetooth, and all that, in addition to gaining gauges, tire pressure, ect. they would be actual sources. I like this harness, but I didn't want it tying up my obd2 connection, I am happy with the metra setup it works well for me, i have all full steering wheel controls and backup camera working.
The route i went with i got rid of sync when adding idatalink. I donā€™t see any reason for it really.
Also this kit has an OBD2 connection that you splice in so the port is still available

David1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Occupation
Banking
The route i went with i got rid of sync when adding idatalink. I donā€™t see any reason for it really.
Also this kit has an OBD2 connection that you splice in so the port is still available
I have a question I went ot the maestro Idata web page but there is not an actual firmware for ranger 2019, do we just used the one available for transit -150?

afewgoodfingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger

This looks so clean. I just wish there were an 8" option with NAV and wireless Android Auto

sootie007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 LT 4 x 4
Occupation
Electronics
Vehicle Showcase

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger FX2
For ones who have replaced the stock stereo, what features have you lost? Anything with the FordPass app, lock/unlock, location info? Anything like that?

sootie007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 LT 4 x 4
Occupation
Electronics
Vehicle Showcase
Old guy lost here lol....so I bought the F02 , Pioneer head unit and RR2 maestro....totally confused though never having done a modern stereo install....when you buy the F02 does that make it where you dont have to cut and splice any wires at all - its all a plugin affair ? Also how is the 4 pin data connection made from the truck to the radio ? Look at my connector on the right ...I assume thats truck data ? I have no cable in the kit that can possibly plug into that. Note I only have these 3 cables coming out of my dash that used to plugin to the old stock radio.
Screenshot_2021-02-15-07-26-08.jpg

Last edited:

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Old guy lost here lol....so I bought the F02 , Pioneer head unit and RR2 maestro....totally confused though never having done a modern stereo install....when you buy the F02 does that make it where you dont have to cut and splice any wires at all - its all a plugin affair ? Also how is the 4 pin data connection made from the truck to the radio ? Look at my connector on the right ...I assume thats truck data ? I have no cable in the kit that can possibly plug into that. Note I only have these 3 cables coming out of my dash that used to plugin to the old stock radio.
Screenshot_2021-02-15-07-26-08.jpg
The USB on the right is only for the USB plugs inside the dash. Maestro should be fully plug and play.

BuzKilington

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RANGER XLT
Occupation
IT
Has anyone found a harness that fits the ā€˜21 8ā€ sync 3 head unit. I had purchased the for-11ck and that connector is not the same as the ā€˜21ā€™s. Iā€™m trying to keep the factory HU, using a lc7. 4 channel amp and a mono amp. This is a non b&o kit. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored