John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
So I could buy 2,100 trucks for the same $ hahaha!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Sometimes Ford advertised on tools.
20220227_130221.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
i saw some newish ford branded tools recently, made in china of course.
This was in my late father's toolbox. I'm sure it belonged to his dad and was part of the tools that went with his Ford tractor.
I'm 61, and I'm quite sure that wrench is older than me. :)

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
a true keeper. its in good shape too.
my tool collection is a mix of hand me downs from my dad, brother, grandfather, uncles and cousins. most of them from the 50s - 90s. many are brands we dont see here any more like trw, grey, sk, plumb. i filled in the missing pieces with what i could afford at the time. every time I use the handed down tools I feel a little family pride. lot of working left in them too. Maybe we can also pass them down to children one day. Someone that will keep them and use them.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
This was in my late father's toolbox. I'm sure it belonged to his dad and was part of the tools that went with his Ford tractor.
I'm 61, and I'm quite sure that wrench is older than me. :)
My dad was a lifelong diehard, Bowtie-swingin' Chevrolet and Buick guy. When he passed in 2005, I found this among his things and thought it ironic. It's from 1934, Dad would've been 17. In those days there was an irregular auto show at the Minneaplolis Armory. He took me there when I was nine and that was the first time I saw a 1959 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe; Black with red interior. I just knew that cars would never be more modern, especially since we had an obsolete '58 Biscayne and a '51 Buick Super.

IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes Ford advertised on tools.
20220227_130221.jpg
Hi Chris,

I have found a few of these ford tools at old hardware stores in the older parts of Detroit and rummage shops. I now wish I had purchased them instead of just walking by them....Oh well... My down the street neighbor and good friend Arnie Sotke had a whole tool box of them...he was a collector of many things antique. He promised me the tool box full of Ford tools, but we lost Arnie and his wife to Covid and it never transpired to make the transfer...Kids sold off his estate and the tools are now with someone else....Sigh!

By the time I got hired in Ford Light Truck Engineering we given a complete set of tools from the DM Crib at the Experimental Garage. Modest quality Williams brand. I had to get a pickup out of the pool fleet to pick it all up and take it home...Sockets to 2" ...ditto for wrenches...I could dismantle a Semi... So when I retired, I went over to the DM Crib and asked them where I should deliver them.... Guy behind the counter said..."Keep them. They have been off the books for years and years"...so I am swimming in Williams Tools..

best,
Phil

Best,
P

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Wish I had a picture of my old man's '55 Ford truck around. Slammed to ground, red oxide primer, louvered clamshell hood, with a 400 c.i. Pontiac engine underneath.

My step-mother was an avid airbrusher and he had her put a tribute to Ford advertising on the tailgate.

A little lightbulb, and inside of it a mouse chewing on a piece of cheese.

7249625b115e07774df4731a01b310a5--ford-motor-slogan.jpg

My old man preferred Ford bodies and GM powertrains. He thought it his own "better idea."
Sponsored

Last edited: