Adding Power Seats to a Ranger XL

Gus Villalpando

First Name
Villalpando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
I'd like to inquire on what it would cost to upgrade my seats with power. anybody else? and/or has any input?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to inquire on what it would cost to upgrade my seats with power. anybody else? and/or has any input?
Hi Gus,

I can not speak for possible aftermarket seats, but it would be inordinately expensive through Ford Parts. Since Rangers are new your best bet would be to find a wreck from which you could pull the seats...get the wiring harnesses too....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

Gus Villalpando

First Name
Villalpando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Hi Gus,

I can not speak for possible aftermarket seats, but it would be inordinately expensive through Ford Parts. Since Rangers are new your best bet would be to find a wreck from which you could pull the seats...get the wiring harnesses too....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thank you! I did think about that. maybe I'll just wait a few years.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I checked on used-auto-parts.net. M&M Salvage out of VA (800-533-4099 / 800-248-6161) has some cloth power seats for $300.00 each. I would check with your nearest LKQ-Keystone office...they normally have great prices on salvaged parts.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
One of the reasons I chose the STX was to avoid Power seats.
The manuals adjust much quicker and I get annoyed adjusting the seat and waiting while it moves after my vertically challenged wife has driven.
The good news is that the manual recline is more comfortable and you still get manual recline on the Ranger with Power seats.
I suggest that you find one with Power seats, run the seat all the way forward and up, then get in and adjust it to fit you.

Compare the functions before you pursue this any further to determine whether it is worth the effort.
If it is, wait a while and you will have more choices and better prices.

Unfortunately, the "sweet spot" for salvage yard parts is between 5 years and 14 years,
Any newer and the insurance companies own them, any older and they get crushed.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
One of the reasons I chose the STX was to avoid Power seats.
The manuals adjust much quicker and I get annoyed adjusting the seat and waiting while it moves after my vertically challenged wife has driven.
The good news is that the manual recline is more comfortable and you still get manual recline on the Ranger with Power seats.
I suggest that you find one with Power seats, run the seat all the way forward and up, then get in and adjust it to fit you.

Compare the functions before you pursue this any further to determine whether it is worth the effort.
If it is, wait a while and you will have more choices and better prices.

Unfortunately, the "sweet spot" for salvage yard parts is between 5 years and 14 years,
Any newer and the insurance companies own them, any older and they get crushed.
Yup. I mean i adjusted the seat when i bought it. Havent touched it since. Power would be a wasted cost.

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Looking for information as well. We have two rangers. Xl and XLT. Main reason for seat swap would be lumbar in power seat. We driver hers more and gotten use to the support. Took a trip to Dayton in mine, was a painful trip without. Even though our trip to mertle was fine before we bought hers. Lol just curious if anyone noticed if wiring is already under carpet before I go on a hunt to find out. Thanks

Racerdave6

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX. 2017 Escape SE
Occupation
Mechanic
Looking for information as well. We have two rangers. Xl and XLT. Main reason for seat swap would be lumbar in power seat. We driver hers more and gotten use to the support. Took a trip to Dayton in mine, was a painful trip without. Even though our trip to mertle was fine before we bought hers. Lol just curious if anyone noticed if wiring is already under carpet before I go on a hunt to find out. Thanks
XL has manual lumbar adjustment.

Steven D Tipton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX Supercew & Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Lol. Feel like a idiot. I found it. Thanks
Found that last night in a write up and I do have the lx, with stx package. So I figured I would find it. Appreciate you confirming

Screenshot_20200506-234404.png
Sponsored