First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Resurrecting this because I still want to find a poly swaybar-to-chassis replacement. Phil had measured his and it was something like 27mm but universal replacement bushings with their clamps were still smaller than stock and the bolt holes not even close.

I was on the SuperPro Australia site looking at 2WD Ranger 2018-2022 replacement bushings and they look like they'll fit in the factory clamp but they start at 30mm. I notice rear bars are also down under. I'm guessing the rear bar mandates a front one but I wanted something subtle in performance.
Screenshot_20230622-170156~2.png
As he thought you can also go to White line as they are the same company but sell stuff in the United States. They might have an application lookup for the Ranger here in the States
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
As he thought you can also go to White line as they are the same company but sell stuff in the United States. They might have an application lookup for the Ranger here in the States
I'll have to check them out. I see they are in Ontario CA and Australia but no products turn up for the Ranger on the US site.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll have to check them out. I see they are in Ontario CA and Australia but no products turn up for the Ranger on the US site.
Simply contact them. It is possible they could have something in the works. I can say they have nice products and that it's worth the price you pay.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Simply contact them. It is possible they could have something in the works. I can say they have nice products and that it's worth the price you pay.
I've left them some info and I'll report what they say. From their site I found what look like pretty flexible 'universal' brackets that will take different sized bushings. It's something to think about.
Screenshot_20240118-094843~2.png

Screenshot_20240118-094859.png

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've left them some info and I'll report what they say. From their site I found what look like pretty flexible 'universal' brackets that will take different sized bushings. It's something to think about.
Screenshot_20240118-094843~2.png

Screenshot_20240118-094859.png
Worst care they say It won't work

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Worst care they say It won't work
I see they are slotted but center to center 65mm? I don't get what that means if I go out and measure the distance of the factory bracket.

They replied that they didn't have 'D' bushings in the Ranger size so I asked about the universals.

I know some knowledgeable people have questioned why I'd do this, and I'm thinking since I've preloaded my factory progressive springs (made firmer?) with the Eibach adjustable struts while introducing some 'progressive' modifications in the back with the Sumos I'm going to improve the tendency to initially pitch in a corner. I don't want to come down like a hammer and have front traction issues and this seems like a subtle change.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I see they are slotted but center to center 65mm? I don't get what that means if I go out and measure the distance of the factory bracket.

They replied that they didn't have 'D' bushings in the Ranger size so I asked about the universals.

I know some knowledgeable people have questioned why I'd do this, and I'm thinking since I've preloaded my factory progressive springs (made firmer?) with the Eibach adjustable struts while introducing some 'progressive' modifications in the back with the Sumos I'm going to improve the tendency to initially pitch in a corner. I don't want to come down like a hammer and have front traction issues and this seems like a subtle change.
When trying to maximize street traction I. A way like one would do on the track usually it would be to have a fairly light spring with god shocks and a stiff sway bar. The spring and shocks would allow for comfort while the sway bar makes sure you keep the wheels planted in a turn

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Reply from White line:
The universal saddles KBR10/W21301 have a slotted mount to accommodate 62-88mm mounting holes. Universal 27mm D bush for these would be W21999-27 or for the heavy duty versions, KS30 and W0410-27.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So as long as the mounting holes line up I say go for it. The big advantage of the polyurethane bushings there is it will allow the suspension to travel more freely up and down while still using the sway bar to stabilize side to side motion

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
So as long as the mounting holes line up I say go for it. The big advantage of the polyurethane bushings there is it will allow the suspension to travel more freely up and down while still using the sway bar to stabilize side to side motion
The only hold up is getting the exact diameter bushing. If ours is 27.5mm as Addco says it's an oddball size. Maybe possible to enlarge a 27mm but would require a shop to do it.

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
Resurrecting this because I still want to find a poly swaybar-to-chassis replacement. Phil had measured his and it was something like 27mm (Edit: ADDCO says 27.5mm) but universal replacement bushings with their clamps were still smaller than stock and the bolt holes not even close.

I was on the SuperPro Australia site looking at 2WD Ranger 2018-2022 replacement bushings and they look like they'll fit in the factory clamp but they start at 30mm. I notice rear bars are also down under. I'm guessing the rear bar mandates a front one but I wanted something subtle in performance.
Screenshot_20230622-170156~2.png
I forgot about looking at swapping out the sway-bar bushings too.

When it warms back up-
Gonna get underneath & take a look at the OE bushing shape and bolt-spacing for the bracket itself.
Might have to swap out for a "universal" kit... from either Prothane or Energy Suspension.
-
https://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/search.asp
-
-
https://teamenergysuspension.com/page/3/?s=27mm

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I tried the Prothane 27mm generic and the brackets mounting holes are too narrow, the bushings too small for the factory bracket.

Finding a generic bracket with the correct spacing for the mounting bolts and bushing that can be machined out to 27.5mm will be the trick.
Sponsored