First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
What state requires emissions on a new vehicle?
Massachusetts for one! And you pay for it too ? Bastards!

But I got to say, my dealer had it off the truck and ready for me in one day. (Dec 2020) Transferred my plates and had registration and inspection completed when I picked it up.

So yes, some dealers have much higher standards than others.
Sponsored

bamahater

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Bought my Ranger and near the beginning of Covid in May 2020 in Texas. They told me when I bought the truck that registration and plates from Texas would be backed up due to Covid and it could take a few months. They told me if it was getting close to the expiration of my Temp plates give them a call and they would issue another set. Luckily my plates came in before the temp ones expired.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
When I bought my VW, the dealer (an AutoNation dealer) didn't file my paperwork until I started threatening legal action. I was pulled over for an expired temp tag (I needed to drive), but the officer was gracious enough to let me out of it. The dealer, especially since you pay doc fees, has a legal responsibility to file that paperwork (it's in the paperwork you sign at close).

They could be having some issues with staffing like a lot of businesses because people somehow developed an impression over 2020 that they should be paid twice as much to do half the work.
ALL Auto Nation Dealerships are Run By A-Hole Rejects!

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I'm in PA. Bought my truck cash (so there is no lien) on April 27. Tried calling PA's dept of motor vehicles yesterday to find out the status on my registration and title. After two attempts and sitting on hold 30 minutes each time and never getting through, I decided to call the dealership. I figured the state may be slow processing things considering the pandemic and all... dealership guy I talked to said he filed the paperwork May 19th and I shouldn't worry because my temp registration is good until end of July. Used to be you would get things back in 3 weeks. It's now about 6 weeks and I'm waiting.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Epilogue: I finally received the plates about 10 days ago (after the dealer sending me another temp tag 10 days prior to that). Today I received an invoice from the DMV for insufficient funds for titling the truck. Dealer hadn't sent the proper amount. Called the dealer, ask WTF. They're looking into it.

Reactions: Doc

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Had my plates on my 2021 Ranger when I picked it up May 5th (Wisconsin). New issue, not a transfer of old plates. I don't know if the dealer started the license process when it was given a MSO or whether Sconnie dealers stock plates like they did many years ago.
I have since ordered personalized plates which haven't arrived yet. Got a form letter from the WI DMV saying it could be 4-6 wks, but the original plates are valid until then.

Dunneldeen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Took 52 days to get my Oregon registration and it's good for 4 years from date of purchase. Oddly enough, I got my plate 10 days earlier, with a note saying the registration paperwork was pending.
Sponsored