5 rangers or this one truck?

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
I'm actually not brand loyal at all. In the past 15 years have owned 3 Fords, 2 Toyotas, 2 Rams, 1 Lexus, 1 Nissan, 2 Subarus, 1 Saab, 3 Infinitis. The Rams were a 1500 and a 2500. Yes, I have a VERY patient wife.

Way too many trips to dealer service on those two. Both were 2016 models, 2500 was a Laramie Cummins, 1500 was an Express base truck. One was personal and the other was my business truck. Only had the 2500 for 8k miles before offing it. Had the 1500 for 112k miles before selling it. The powertrains in both were great, it is everything else that falls apart. Power window motors, fuel sending units, infotainment screens, interior trim.

Between poor quality and terrible service I wouldn't buy another Ram. Which is too bad because I actually love the way their current 1500 looks.
Ahh i c, ya i dont have brand loyalty either but i did mention before if i ever had a complete shitty experience with a brand (not vehicle specific) id definitely never give them my money again. So far as far as vehicles go no one has disappointed.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ahh i c, ya i dont have brand loyalty either but i did mention before if i ever had a complete shitty experience with a brand (not vehicle specific) id definitely never give them my money again. So far as far as vehicles go no one has disappointed.

I'm the same but after driving all the main brands over the years I'm way more faithful to Ford than any of the others. I will never even consider another Toyota after having to deal with Toyota corporate when I had issues my Tacoma. I consider a lot of things before making a hasty decision and while every brand has their issues, it's how they handle it in the end.

Toyota had the attitude of "oh well take it or leave it" and that's after weeks of climbing the ladder to get to someone at the top. They've lot our business forever over that one and even though they make good cars I'll never step foot inside one of their dealerships again.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Not sure what the hate is for the trx, or the brand dodge ram whatever they wanna call themselves….. that thing is badass. Brand loyalty is weird to me, but whatever. I Seen a few of these in person and they look sweet. Their interior looks well designed as far as functionality goes, the electronics seem cool. They have different modes. It puts out over 750hp. Honestly, if i could afford this at msrp id get this over the ranger. The only reason id go ranger over this is because of size, which is actually why i didnt go with a tundra lol. Not sure on their reliability but if you’re able to afford a 80k vehicle I highly doubt reliability is top of the list.

-imo
You sound like someone who doesn't have a lot of experience with Chrysler products... Just because it's expensive doesn't mean you abandon reliability.

I grew up in a Chrysler household through family employment. No one in my family drives their products now, they were that bad. I doubt Fiat has improved quality of the situation.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think the hate for it is due to objective reasons like the price vs reliability and the price inflation. No brand loyalty here other than me loving a well built truck. If I had 70K to spend on a vehicle I wouldn’t even be here nor would I spend it on the TRX. I would buy a $50k sports/performance car and save $20k for mods but that’s just me :)
If I had a $70k cash, I'll get me a F150 Raptor or a Bronco or another Ranger which ever has the least wait and off road across the Great USA, from coast to coast and from South to North.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
there's numerous videos out there of these trucks failing mechanically during mediocre off-roading
all hype to me, as dodge typically goes this route with most of their product line.
I wouldn't buy a dodge as long as Hyundai produces cars....that's how low i feel the dodge products are
Hey now that's just demeaning to Hyundai.