First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It comes from a Design Patent Registration filed in Brazil. I wonder how much different it'll be here in the US? While they did do a few changes to the exterior (a couple body lines look a little different) they'd better of made several to the inside especially those back wrenching seats! I'd still never buy another one no matter what they do. :puke:??

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I'm impressed. If they offer up a manual transmission, that could be my next vehicle unless Ford fixes the Bronco fiasco before then.

Reactions: Doc

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
It looks like they all went to this one piece front which doesn't look good on a truck.
Cost cutting from both a raw material and labor perspective across the industry I would imagine.

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning
I don't hate it. I still like the 6g ranger more.
Depending on the configuration allowed, I may jump to it if ford doesn't get off their ass and get the 6g announced and available in the US.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Cost cutting from both a raw material and labor perspective across the industry I would imagine.
IDK the steel bumper is still behind the plastic. It just seems like they all went for this "new look" which IMHO doesn't look good on a truck.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
IDK the steel bumper is still behind the plastic. It just seems like they all went for this "new look" which IMHO doesn't look good on a truck.
True the metal bumper is behind there and likely an extruded aluminum structure like Toyota and others have been using for years. Making a one piece snap on bumper/cover reduces opportunities for quality control issues around visible metal bumper alignment. Probably allows manufacturers to show more usage of recycled raw materials as well. No doubt in my mind that accounting came into play on the decision.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Toyota doesn't need to do anything too radical to the exterior to sell successfully with the new version, it's what is under the exterior (the mechanicals) that will be interesting. I like that the Ranger and the Tacoma have more modest less imposing front noses than competitors like the Colorado and Frontier. When I drove a rented Colorado for a week I didn't care for that big front end much.