30,000 Mile Maintenance

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Sorry, asleep at the wheel this morning... No rear rotors? That's just great. My brakes have a slight shudder to them under load, feels like a warped rotor to me. I have 34k miles.
Go check my brake fiasco thread... I've had my rears changed in some capacity at least 5-7 times, and at 60K the rears are absolutely terrible (especially considering that the rotors have 20K on them or less). They are grooved, squeaking, and shuddering beyond belief.
Sponsored

LanoTX

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Student / FedEx
Go check my brake fiasco thread... I've had my rears changed in some capacity at least 5-7 times, and at 60K the rears are absolutely terrible (especially considering that the rotors have 20K on them or less). They are grooved, squeaking, and shuddering beyond belief.
Is there a fix on this part # issue? Just throwing in my .02 on the brakes for comparison. At 34k miles, no shudder and I haven’t even changed pads. The rear rotors are smooth and pads still had life, haven’t checked the front in over 10k miles. Also been on 285/75 16s for last 10k so lots of added unsprung weight. Not much city driving though so that’s a factor.

Reactions: EJH

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a fix on this part # issue? Just throwing in my .02 on the brakes for comparison. At 34k miles, no shudder and I haven’t even changed pads. The rear rotors are smooth and pads still had life, haven’t checked the front in over 10k miles. Also been on 285/75 16s for last 10k so lots of added unsprung weight. Not much city driving though so that’s a factor.
I think my rear axle is actually defective and that’s what is eating brakes. I just changed all 4 at 62k and they seemed ok other than the ruined rear rotors.

LanoTX

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Student / FedEx
I think my rear axle is actually defective and that’s what is eating brakes. I just changed all 4 at 62k and they seemed ok other than the ruined rear rotors.
You were able to find new rotors though? Just not Ford ones I’m assuming

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You were able to find new rotors though? Just not Ford ones I’m assuming
No, I had to go aftermarket with the rotors and pads as all of ford was out of stock and no eta. I used brake best as I needed brakes bad, and couldn’t wait for ford.
Sponsored