Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
My truck has been at the repair service center since 6/15. My Sync system has had issues twice. The first time nothing could be replicated, but this time I took video of it. They are saying the ACM, Audio Control Module is bad, but while checking my Truck they found the Abs Module was fried and is on back order.

They gave me an F-150 as a loaner, I cannot use or load the truck bed for my shop with supplies, so I have to rent a u-haul truck for that purpose when needed. I called FORD and opened a case, now c'mon. Is about time to have it fixed completely and get me back on my truck that I can use, load and enjoy as intended. Service tech told me he is aiming to have it ready by Friday 7/10. doubtful as this is the second date I am given and still is not finished.

I am to the point where Lemon Law needs to be applied here, from all I have found in FLORIDA is 15 days within a calendar year to begin the process, I could be wrong, but all I Google'd states 15 days.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
That sucks. You will need to search for the specific Lemon Law that pertains to your state. Once found you will need to thoroughly review it to ensure the issues with the truck meet the criteria as mandated by law for your state. If it does, I'd recommend contacting Ford corporate to get the them involved. This is especially true if you have only been in contact with the dealership. If Corporate fails to act then contact a lawyer that is very familiar with the lemon laws in your state. Typically you can get them to review everything and type up a letter to be sent to ford citing the law and how the actions so far are in violation of it. 9/10 times this will spur them to get it resolved amazingly fast.

If they do not then move to filing a complaint against it and taking action with getting your money back under the lemon law statute for your state.

OP
OP
Randy

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Went by the dealership today, I am told the ABS module needs programming, which can only be done by Ford Engineering and that they are waiting on Ford. 29 days today still no truck. Nothing buy lies, BS, they even offered me to trade it in, which cost me more since of course they will say that I am upside down, the miles, etc.. etc... told the salesman if the insults are free due to the virus or part of the scam....

OP
OP
Randy

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yup... F%&*#ers wanted me to trade it in yesterday... I got a case opened with Ford Customer Care, today I had to go and exchange the Loaner F-150, they gave me the first one with 38 miles, returned it today with 3K LOL, and they gave me a new one again with 28 miles, guess I will also run up the miles on this one too.

Last edited by a moderator:

ALranger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
MRI tech
I’m having a similar situation. My truck has been at the dealer since June 15 for an engine misfire. I got it back after 2 weeks but the problem was not fixed, they had it back less than 24 hours later. The only excuse I get is that they are busy. In 5 weeks, it’s only been worked on for not even 2 hours.

OP
OP
Randy

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
As of yesterday, the ABS module cannot be programmed, the truck is not reading the new module, Ford Engineering is involved and they themselves cannot figure it out... I have started a buy back case with Ford....31 days going on this now. They can give me my down and 12 months payments and I will happily get another truck... process is designed to drain your energy and desire to buy another Ford product...

Shortbed

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
My truck has been at the repair service center since 6/15. My Sync system has had issues twice. The first time nothing could be replicated, but this time I took video of it. They are saying the ACM, Audio Control Module is bad, but while checking my Truck they found the Abs Module was fried and is on back order.

They gave me an F-150 as a loaner, I cannot use or load the truck bed for my shop with supplies, so I have to rent a u-haul truck for that purpose when needed. I called FORD and opened a case, now c'mon. Is about time to have it fixed completely and get me back on my truck that I can use, load and enjoy as intended. Service tech told me he is aiming to have it ready by Friday 7/10. doubtful as this is the second date I am given and still is not finished.

I am to the point where Lemon Law needs to be applied here, from all I have found in FLORIDA is 15 days within a calendar year to begin the process, I could be wrong, but all I Google'd states 15 days.
I have posted twice to the site on different topics. Long story short, I am having issues with truck and especially the dealer.
2020 Ford RangerLariat with 500 miles has a continual check engine light come on. I have had this evaluated twice and going for a third today.
I hope there are some answers to come from Ford. I have made several attempts with the dealer to solve this issue. I have opened a case with Ford Corp.
I am now reading into Ok lemon laws and getting pretty exhausted with the whole process. I hope you get resolution.

OP
OP
Randy

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the whole Lemon Law was designed to exhaust your efforts to find resolution, if the law is there to protect the consumer... then why is the process so long and full of dead ends. ?

OP
OP
Randy

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
35 days, still no truck. I called the dealer ship Consumer Relations dept and spoke with a lady who listened without taking the dealers side after looking at my purchases in the last year with a little over $125k in vehicles. She said the matter will looked into first thing yesterday a.m. Sure enough, not long the service manager director calls me and tells me that the Ford servers are now up and running a the programming can be completed... coincidence? I think NOT!!! I am still moving forward with a buy back with Ford as it passed the FL lemon law limits, among a few other things where Ford dropped the ball...

OP
OP
Randy

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
"spoke with a lady who listened without taking the dealers side after looking at my purchases in the last year with a little over $125k in vehicles. "

honestly, this should never matter....

why not>? I believe in customer relations, ..
Anyway, My truck is getting bought back, I should hear in a few days for a few options

OP
OP
Randy

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
i believe in buying power when you purchase a truck to be able to say, hey, give me a discount, i've made you alot of money already.
but to be put to the front of the line in this manner simply bleeds the wrong image. in todays times where everyone is to be treated equally and such.
more power too you though if you can work it, shame on them for falling for it.

Truck is under warranty, I also happened to have bought the top tier warranty package so there is a ton of money involved here alone in warranties and such... this is not putting in front of any line, this is about making it right to a long time customer who has put a lot of business on their hands via my own business, is no about special treatment, I have waited 36 days patiently and still making my truck payments on time... is about customer relations... they dropped the ball several times telling me to go pick up an F-150 as a loaner and it wasnt there... along with a few other things the dealer did that was pretty much draining the patience out of me with the service rep....
Sponsored