First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I'm looking to install a 2.5 inch leveling kit in my Ranger and have a couple questions, do the kits that fit the 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 work for the 2023 or did they change something that I have to look specifically for my model year? Also, I have read on a lot of other sites that the Rough Country kits tend to crack at one or more bolt holes so I’m looking for a steel leveling kit, any recommendations?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
I think most on here would recommend you pony up for a proper suspension leveling system rather than just a spacer lift. Fox 2.0 (I have, and quite like), Eibach or Bilstein kits, all of those will give you the level you want and dramatically improved suspension performance.

And any kit for a 2019-2022 should work on the 2023. Only time you'd need to be more careful is if you gets something with upper control arms as the earlier Rangers have aluminum spindles while the later ones swapped to steel.

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Eibach or Bilstein is a 100% improvement over stock. Just change all 4 at once and if price is no issue I’d recommend OME BP-51 with rear leafs. I plan on going to BP-51 hopefully soon. Right now I’m running 5100’s set at stock setting with Eibach springs I get 2.5” - 3” lift and still have full stroke on shock instead of lifting with tension ring.

IMG_2783.jpeg

IMG_3484.jpeg

Reactions: EJH

jmelair

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
retired
ok, so I have to ask. Leveling kits. only visually asthetic? not really anything more? if they come with control arms/front struts, you get the front end aligned as well, right? is doing this also hard on the front driveline? (front axle/driveshaft) because the angle is changed? I'm roughly familiar with lift kits (pretty much changing the whole suspension), but leveling kits are relatively new to me (I haven't had a true 4WD truck for awhile now)

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
ok, so I have to ask. Leveling kits. only visually asthetic? not really anything more? if they come with control arms/front struts, you get the front end aligned as well, right? is doing this also hard on the front driveline? (front axle/driveshaft) because the angle is changed? I'm roughly familiar with lift kits (pretty much changing the whole suspension), but leveling kits are relatively new to me (I haven't had a true 4WD truck for awhile now)
Besides making the truck look better, a level is going to give you more clearance for tires as well as improve off road handling (doesn't really apply to a spacer level though). A leveling kit isn't going to impact your front driveline provided you stick to around 2-2.5 inches of front lift. Regardless of if you do upper control arms or not, you're going to need an alignment.

maxarcher

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Pilot

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I’m thinking 1.8 when I get them

maxarcher

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Pilot
I’m thinking 1.8 when I get them
I probably would have gone with that as well, but I knew I was going to be towing with the truck (which is what prompted me to get the new shocks in the first place) and was worried about the rear squat. I'm happy with 1.2" though, seems like just the right amount of preload and it's still a noticeable lift, I visited some car guy friends shortly after installing the 5100s and they spotted the difference immediately.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Hmm now I’m torn I want to keep some rake

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been running 1.2 on my Bilsteins for about 10 months. Working out great with a touch of rake for any towing.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I have a Truxxx 1.5" level. They have a couple different sizes, my truck is a tight fit in the garage.
I had their front and rear kit on my old Sport Trac for 80,000 miles without incident so I bought from them again. Laser cut steel, powder coated, it's a quality product, only cost a little over $100 as they run sales once in a while.
I'd recommend having an alignment shop install it. Tried it myself twice (and failed) and it ain't as easy as the YouTube videos make it look.
1.5"
https://www.truxxx.com/shop/ford-li...2wd-and-4wd-2-leveling-kit-all-models-101020/
2.5"
https://www.truxxx.com/shop/ford-li...r-pickup-2wd-and-4wd-2-5-leveling-kit-101021/
3.0"
https://www.truxxx.com/shop/ford-li...ger-pickup-2wd-and-4wd-3-leveling-kit-101022/
Sponsored

Last edited: