First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Good catch! I already posted the link on the 6G Ranger site about 30 min. after the article hit Ford Authority.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I hope they don't abandon the SCAB. I know the crew is like 80% of the sales, but I don't need or want a crew, and if I can't get a 6G SCAB then I guess they can just bury me in my 5G SCAB.

(I didn't read the article yet, so if they mentioned it, sorry)

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
The “pick up truck and SUV talk” guy on YouTube “bought” those spy photos and posted a video about it yesterday.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Ah let the excitement begin. Wife already told me not to get any ideas haha but after owning my truck for a few months, there's definitely a few ergonomic updates I hope they make in the next gen truck. Really curious to see what it will look like.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Looks like it may be slightly bigger.

If so, that's a No Thanks from me.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Bed looks like a 6’ on a crew cab. Nose is looking more like a mini F150 style. Be nice if the 2.7 was in it. Raptor possibly? ?
I agree.... the bed for sure looks bigger - just look at the distance behind the rear tire (and also in front of the rear tire)...not sure if its 6' though. Could be 5'6"...........ugh. 'THAT' is probably my biggest want for the Ranger - a slightly larger bed.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Honestly I feel like it’s gonna look like a smaller f150 which... meh. I really like how differently the 5G looks. I do feel like it’s going to get some interior upgrades which will be nice. The dash on the 5G doesn’t look the best but the seats and other aspects are nice where it counts. Overall I am thinking the 6g will be mostly incremental upgrade since the frame, engine, and trans are largely unchanged. I guess there could be a wildcard 2.7 or PHEV option but I feel like either could be expensive. Sync 3 in our trucks works well enough but the infotainment upgrades will be another big one I think.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I agree.... the bed for sure looks bigger - just look at the distance behind the rear tire (and also in front of the rear tire)...not sure if its 6' though. Could be 5'6"...........ugh. 'THAT' is probably my biggest want for the Ranger - a slightly larger bed.
Plus one on a SuperCrew with a longer bed (6’ please). It’s the only reason I don’t own a 5G Ranger now. Need to drive my ‘02 F-150 SuperCrew at least a year longer it seems.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Looks like it may be slightly bigger.

If so, that's a No Thanks from me.
I agree, it does look slightly bigger compared to the 5G Tremor. This doesn’t surprise me since it would better split the difference between the upcoming Maverick and the new F-150 if it grows an inch or two in a few dimensions.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, it does look slightly bigger compared to the 5G Tremor. This doesn’t surprise me since it would better split the difference between the upcoming Maverick and the new F-150 if it grows an inch or two in a few dimensions.
I agree that it looks slightly bigger compared to our 5G Rangers, but I do not think that is a bad thing. I am thinking that 2023 would be just about the right time for me to upgrade from my 2019, and if the 2023 Tremor is a bit bigger that existing Rangers--and roomier, with more power, improved suspension, and a better stereo system--then I am all in. (I love 150s, but they are just too big to be practical, and so a slightly bigger Ranger would be just exactly perfect!)