2022 Ranger Tune Problem

4Banger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; 2022 Ranger
Anybody have issues with an aftermarket tune specifically for a 2022?

I had the Livern*is 93 tune. The issue was the tune provided did not register knock. (At least that’s what the tuner said) As soon as I installed it at any point of tip in I could hear marbles rolling around in my engine. I thought I was hearing things but every time I got on the throttle I heard the detention.

After I reached out to the tuner they said nothing was wrong with the tune. I data logged and sent the file in to the tuner. They said the original tune did not have the correct logic to recognize knock. After 20 emails back and forth I got a partial refund. I ended up paying shipping 3 ways somehow and they thought it’s ok to send out a tune that doesn’t register knock.

If you have a 2022 Ranger running this 93 tune you likely are knocking/have detention causing damage to your engine.
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I just ordered their tuner for mine. I emailed them to ask about that "feature". That seems like a really weird thing to disable when you are adding extra power.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Thats concerning...wonder if that has something to do with why Ford is being slow to update their Performance Pack's for the 2022 models

OP
OP
4Banger

4Banger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; 2022 Ranger
I just ordered their tuner for mine. I emailed them to ask about that "feature". That seems like a really weird thing to disable when you are adding extra power.
I’m not a tuner by any means, but from what I gathered is, they didn’t disable the ability to read knock, they just didn’t have the correct way to read knock on the initial tune on my truck and possibly all other 22 Rangers running the 93 tune.

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Anybody have issues with an aftermarket tune specifically for a 2022?

I had the Livern*is 93 tune. The issue was the tune provided did not register knock. (At least that’s what the tuner said) As soon as I installed it at any point of tip in I could hear marbles rolling around in my engine. I thought I was hearing things but every time I got on the throttle I heard the detention.

After I reached out to the tuner they said nothing was wrong with the tune. I data logged and sent the file in to the tuner. They said the original tune did not have the correct logic to recognize knock. After 20 emails back and forth I got a partial refund. I ended up paying shipping 3 ways somehow and they thought it’s ok to send out a tune that doesn’t register knock.

If you have a 2022 Ranger running this 93 tune you likely are knocking/have detention causing damage to your engine.

This is not what was told to you as I am the one that has been helping you. We never disable any knock sensors. We have numerous customers running our calibration on their Ranger with zero issues. You had stated that you were upset because it's supposed to be plug n play and didn't want to really do any work except load the tune in the truck and go. Unfortunately not every state has the same gasoline and not elevation, temp, etc is the same. We wanted logs. I never told you we disabled the knock sensors. Some customers want us to and we will not because the last thing we want to do is cause any sort of damage to a vehicle. I don't know what the issue was we updated the calibration sent you a revision and you refused to try it. There are always revisions with calibrations. On the 21 F150 we are on V12 right now so I don't know why you think this is uncommon. I'm sorry it didn't work out we tried to help in every way possible and wanted you to enjoy the tuning.

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
I’m not a tuner by any means, but from what I gathered is, they didn’t disable the ability to read knock, they just didn’t have the correct way to read knock on the initial tune on my truck and possibly all other 22 Rangers running the 93 tune.
There is logic to read knock and we updated that logic that is all. We never would disable any knock sensors so now this is a revision on the calibration that we found and can update anyone running it. We try to constantly make things better for our customers in two ways....more power and being reliable without causing any damage.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
There is logic to read knock and we updated that logic that is all. We never would disable any knock sensors so now this is a revision on the calibration that we found and can update anyone running it. We try to constantly make things better for our customers in two ways....more power and being reliable without causing any damage.
I enjoy my trouble free tunes on my 2019. Maybe I should see if there is a new version for it.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
This is not what was told to you as I am the one that has been helping you. We never disable any knock sensors. We have numerous customers running our calibration on their Ranger with zero issues. You had stated that you were upset because it's supposed to be plug n play and didn't want to really do any work except load the tune in the truck and go. Unfortunately not every state has the same gasoline and not elevation, temp, etc is the same. We wanted logs. I never told you we disabled the knock sensors. Some customers want us to and we will not because the last thing we want to do is cause any sort of damage to a vehicle. I don't know what the issue was we updated the calibration sent you a revision and you refused to try it. There are always revisions with calibrations. On the 21 F150 we are on V12 right now so I don't know why you think this is uncommon. I'm sorry it didn't work out we tried to help in every way possible and wanted you to enjoy the tuning.
This make a lot more sense, and doesn't surprise me in the slightest haha