2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Debuts June 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I probably would have bought the off-roadiest version of this (and gotten better skid plates...) if this was out. I would prefer smaller, more fuel efficient but still off-road capable.

forestale

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
I'm a bit salty that they're showing a sunroof in the Maverick. Would've definitely considered one if it were available in a Ranger.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I probably would have bought the off-roadiest version of this (and gotten better skid plates...) if this was out. I would prefer smaller, more fuel efficient but still off-road capable.
If you prefer smaller and more fuel efficient why did you buy the largest and least fuel efficient Ranger?

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
If you prefer smaller and more fuel efficient why did you buy the largest and least fuel efficient Ranger?
Because I need legitimate off-road capability and a bed. But I live in a city with a very tight garage, I cannot have (practically) two vehicles -- one for "driving around" the other for sport. Using less gas would be great! Still, I would end up with likely the least fuel efficient, largest Maverick no doubt. It'd still have to be far better than 19 mpg or even 23 mpg... otherwise it's not going to sell.

Gas is going to end up at $4/gallon again in the non-Western states very soon... hold on tight.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Because I need legitimate off-road capability and a bed. But I live in a city with a very tight garage, I cannot have (practically) two vehicles -- one for "driving around" the other for sport. Using less gas would be great! Still, I would end up with likely the least fuel efficient, largest Maverick no doubt. It'd still have to be far better than 19 mpg or even 23 mpg... otherwise it's not going to sell.

Gas is going to end up at $4/gallon again in the non-Western states very soon... hold on tight.
Seems AWD would not be part of your requirements either?

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
The Maverick is a unibody AWD trucklet. I don’t think it’s going to come with any truely capable off-road packages like a tremor. Think bronco sport.

There are aftermarket skid plates that are thicker if that’s your thing.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
I think it's ok... but, if based on the Bronco sport I would maybe wait to get one... there are some misc issues w/BS that are causing replacement transmissions and some odd issues... you would expect some from a 1st year model but my 1st year model Ranger has been pretty great.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
I think it's ok... but, if based on the Bronco sport I would maybe wait to get one... there are some misc issues w/BS that are causing replacement transmissions and some odd issues... you would expect some from a 1st year model but my 1st year model Ranger has been pretty great.
That’s because your first model year ranger isn’t a first model year at all. Since the T6 ranger was for sale in the global markets for almost a decade when we got it here a lot of the kinks have been worked out. The 2019+ ranger is more of a refresh then anything. Even the powertrain is recycled from vehicles that sold a lot of units so plenty of data available there. A lot of auto magazines and such knocked it for this but from an owners perspective it’s mostly a good thing. The ranger isn’t without it warts and most of the “problems” we are seeing appear to be more QC related. Overall our trucks are really mature and should reap the benefits of that in the long run.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
The Maverick is a unibody AWD trucklet. I don’t think it’s going to come with any truely capable off-road packages like a tremor. Think bronco sport.

There are aftermarket skid plates that are thicker if that’s your thing.
K thanks

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
That’s because your first model year ranger isn’t a first model year at all. Since the T6 ranger was for sale in the global markets for almost a decade when we got it here a lot of the kinks have been worked out. The 2019+ ranger is more of a refresh then anything. Even the powertrain is recycled from vehicles that sold a lot of units so plenty of data available there. A lot of auto magazines and such knocked it for this but from an owners perspective it’s mostly a good thing. The ranger isn’t without it warts and most of the “problems” we are seeing appear to be more QC related. Overall our trucks are really mature and should reap the benefits of that in the long run.
Good point, thanks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.