First Name
Gary Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Truck Driver
Greetings from Michigan!! New to the Forum!! I had a 99 Ranger, bought it used in 2002. Drove that thing until I got my 2017 F-150. F-150 is going by by and I’m getting a 2020 Ranger. I ordered it with everything except the Technology Package. XLT FX4 Package and the rest of the whistles and bells. ETA to the Dealer is 09/09/2020. Kinda of sux cuz I Literally live about 25 minutes from the Wayne Assembly Plant where they are built! Lol. My buddy works there so i gave him the VIN and he had his Supervisor check on it. Build week was 08/13. His supervisor checked on it and he sent me 2 pics all done and ready to go!!! So now the waiting Game!!!
EB94DD5E-300E-4FF8-9C88-4D9A48496979.jpeg
AB7286B3-F494-42BE-8001-272E5CCB2C88.jpeg
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! That’s pretty cool to see your actual truck at the factory.
That is very cool to see your truck at the factory. The only thing better would have been if you had been able to see it being built!

OP
OP

Zman

First Name
Gary Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Truck Driver
That is very cool to see your truck at the factory. The only thing better would have been if you had been able to see it being built!
That’s what the original plan was. It said build week was 08/13 so I assumed it would be built on that date. It was done and sitting there when he sent the pics on the 12th. He says here’s your truck!!! It’s done!!! Lol!!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what the original plan was. It said build week was 08/13 so I assumed it would be built on that date. It was done and sitting there when he sent the pics on the 12th. He says here’s your truck!!! It’s done!!! Lol!!
Too funny! I guess you can't complain that you truck got built early, but it would have been really cool to see it going down the line.

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
Amazing!

I got my VIN early this month, with an expected delivery date late September. Mine is in there somewhere, too.

Hope it arrives for you sooner than expected!

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Congrats on your new truck. I'm sure it is the camera angle... but wow does it look like they park those trucks close! Almost looks like your truck is nearly touching the blue one in front of it.

OP
OP

Zman

First Name
Gary Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Truck Driver
Congrats on your new truck. I'm sure it is the camera angle... but wow does it look like they park those trucks close! Almost looks like your truck is nearly touching the blue one in front of it.
I thought the same thing. I’m like man that’s close!!

Jfleming

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4wd Supercab, 1996 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Fireman
Cool to see it in the factory. I wonder why it is taking so long to get to the dealer when the travel distance is so short. Mine was built 6/11, released by Ford on 6/12, the dealer called me to pick it up on 6/16, I drove it off the lot on 6/18. My dealer is in Cleveland, three hours away from Detroit. Corona??

OP
OP

Zman

First Name
Gary Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Truck Driver
Cool to see it in the factory. I wonder why it is taking so long to get to the dealer when the travel distance is so short. Mine was built 6/11, released by Ford on 6/12, the dealer called me to pick it up on 6/16, I drove it off the lot on 6/18. My dealer is in Cleveland, three hours away from Detroit. Corona??
I hear ya. You’d think it would have already shipped to the dealer. Hell I could go pick it up at the Plant!! Lol

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
I think the distribution pipeline is narrower than the factory pipeline. Wouldn't you think there's a complex logistic mission to match all the right VINs to the train / truck / depot to which they're destined?

I can understand why it takes a while.

I'm not saying I like it. Just understand it...