2020 Ranger in bed tie down bolts

Filobeddoe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
There are 4 holes available. These are slightly higher up to substantially higher up. Take a look.
You're right - there are 4 tapped holes. I am presently using the top 2 for my tonneau cover mounts. BUT - - I could easily substitute the current bolt with an eye bolt that would be more useful! Thanks
Sponsored

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I had the same problem with the middle tie down that Ford provided with the Ford Pass points. The sprayed in bed liner fills those holes nicely. LOL.
Were you able to clean out the holes from the spray in liner, or are those empty mounts no longer usable because of the liner filling them up?

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Were you able to clean out the holes from the spray in liner, or are those empty mounts no longer usable because of the liner filling them up?
Yup...I bought a tap and die set.
When I used my Ford Pass points to get the 2 missing tie downs for the bed, I had a lot of trouble trying to attach them. I didn't think a little bed liner over spray would matter much...but it really does. Guys on the forum suggested the tap. Did a great job. The other two holes are cleaned out...I'm still waiting on the eye bolts to arrive. That is a great idea.