2020 Ranger in bed tie down bolts

Sigrunner

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I have tie down spots in the back by the tail gate and at the front of the bed. There is a spot to put some in the middle but I want to utilize the already threaded holes but need to know the thread pattern. I took out one of the bolts of the other tie downs and took it to Tractor Supply to see if I could find some. I could not find one in standard or metric. I really would like to find an eye bolt to put in one of the holes. Thanks for any help.

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg
Sponsored

Filobeddoe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

GavG Ranger

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Occupation
FD
Yes they work and seem to make a reasonably sturdy anchor point/ tie-down. I have all 6 tie-downs NOW (long story) so I don't need for the middle pair of tie-downs. I found 2 unused tapped holes upper bed near cab (both sides) where I mounted them
Are your new tie downs higher up in the bed. I keep loading the bed and then go through the PITA process of trying to loop through the lower tie downs next to the loaded bed.

Filobeddoe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Are your new tie downs higher up in the bed. I keep loading the bed and then go through the PITA process of trying to loop through the lower tie downs next to the loaded bed.
No - but there are two "hidden" unused tapped holes (one hole on each side) above the tie-downs near the cab (a few inches below side rails).

BTW I didn't the same exact M8 eye bolts that cfhgarza referred to - I got marine grade stainless steel ones for about $8.00 ea. Either would be good

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B3VG8R9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
That sounds like a great idea. Can you post a pic of the bolts that you placed in the new found tapped holes? I'd like to see where the holes are in the bed of the truck. Thanks.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
No - but there are two "hidden" unused tapped holes (one hole on each side) above the tie-downs near the cab (a few inches below side rails).

BTW I didn't the same exact M8 eye bolts that cfhgarza referred to - I got marine grade stainless steel ones for about $8.00 ea. Either would be good

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B3VG8R9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not a metallurgist, but I would be wary of stainless bolts in a carbon steel insert in salted-road country. The presence of an electrolyte makes everything worse. Many years of grief with Volkswagens...

Filobeddoe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Not a metallurgist, but I would be wary of stainless bolts in a carbon steel insert in salted-road country. The presence of an electrolyte makes everything worse. Many years of grief with Volkswagens...
You could very well be correct? I will keep an "eye" on them :)

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Very nice...I'll do the same.

I was afraid the eyes would not clear the bed cover...you did good.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

I wanted to find the holes before I ordered the eye bolts...I found four holes. You seemed to have use the upper two. I'll have to clean out the holes with a tap tool before I install.
I had the same problem with the middle tie down that Ford provided with the Ford Pass points. The sprayed in bed liner fills those holes nicely. LOL.

If owners want to adjust the eye bolts...it's available.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
There are 4 holes available. These are slightly higher up to substantially higher up. Take a look.
Sponsored