First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
As long as it sounds better than the Sony system in my Fiesta. Going from the JBL in my Prius, I felt pretty underwhelmed by the Sony.
Sponsored

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Anyone know about the the spec. of the receicer that says Dynamic and static reception " for a more enhanced listening experience"

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Anyone know about the the spec. of the receicer that says Dynamic and static reception " for a more enhanced listening experience"
Not to nit pic, but the statement reads.....STATIC AND DYNAMIC SOUND TUNING TO ENSURE THAT THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE FROM A STATIONARY CAR IS MAINTAINED, REGARDLESS OF THE DRIVING CONDITIONS. (sorry for the all caps, it was cut and paste and I was too lazy to uncap it)

The system consists of a DSP which allows them to tune the system to the vehicle, so that is what they mean by sound tuning. Each model is individually calibrated and tuned (hence the DSP) by a listening panel....

This explains it better: http://fordauthority.com/2017/09/ho...-to-get-bo-play-audio-that-sounds-just-right/

Last edited:

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
I am getting a lariat super cab fx4 with every thing not a crew cab and I maybe be old and slow but the question still stands what sound system will we get. Yes

Last edited:

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting a lariat s cab fx4 with every thing and I maybe be old and slow but the question still stands what sound system will we get.
Well, according to the updated Ranger page, on Ford.com, the Lariat has this in the details "10 Premium Speakers"

psWzR9T.png

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The Ford build it site also states this:
• B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with HD Radio™ (SuperCrew® only)
• Seven (7) Speakers and Subwoofer (SuperCrew® only)
There is a misprint/typo but the 7 Speaker system is for the Super Cab. The B&O System is NOT available in the Super Cab.

OP
OP
Pflip

Pflip

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corvette 19 Ranger Lariat
• Seven (7) Speakers and Subwoofer (SuperCrew® only)
There is a misprint/typo but the 7 Speaker system is for the Super Cab. The B&O System is NOT available in the Super Cab.
Good Morning! First of all I would like to thank you guys for all the research that you have put in, esp; Geoffs' piece on the B&O listening teams, that put the issue in perspective. I totally understand the different cabin sizes and acoustic elements plus wire harness and routing problems with different hinge locations. I don't know if the S.Cab doors even have wires due to stationary windows etc. I've noticed that most posters are discussing the Super Crew build and not the Super Cab so it appears that as far as audio issues they are two completely different things and by now everyone knows that with the super crew the B&O sys is standard. As to your point that the 7 spark sys is for the Super cab, My Build sheet states AM/FM stereo with 6 speakers [ Fully loaded Lariat ] The sheet is Dated 12/11. As #STAugKid stated, sometimes the premium sound is packaged, But with over 40K already invested, it's not the money. Per your example if you agreed to the $5800 and then found out you had an off-the-rack Sony low end sys in there, it would be troubling. It just seems that while it is not earth-shattering or deal-breaking it is a closely held secret as to what the sound system in the high-end Lariat SuperCab is.
There are several ironies here, one of which is that the dealer that I'am ordering from is LITERALLY right across the street from the Wayne assembly plant where they are building all of them and they can't get an answer. Another is that I live about 20 min from there and have thought about going down and hanging out at one of the Bars/Hamburger joints on Michigan ave to talk to some of the guys/gals that are putting them together but because of work I can't really hit the bars. So there's that.

Please don't think I am ranting or complaining. I'am not, There are millions of people who have way bigger problems than what kind of sound -system is in their new truck. I just wanted to thank the people that put the time in to attempt to clarify the issue, believe me I appreciate it.

We will probably just have to wait until they start showing up in our driveways in Feb or so to figure out the answer.

Also very sorry for the run-on sentence at the beginning I didn't expect to write that much, and writing is not my strong suit . I'am more of a Levis guy

Again thanks to everyone!

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Good Morning! First of all I would like to thank you guys for all the research that you have put in, esp; Geoffs' piece on the B&O listening teams, that put the issue in perspective. I totally understand the different cabin sizes and acoustic elements plus wire harness and routing problems with different hinge locations. I don't know if the S.Cab doors even have wires due to stationary windows etc. I've noticed that most posters are discussing the Super Crew build and not the Super Cab so it appears that as far as audio issues they are two completely different things and by now everyone knows that with the super crew the B&O sys is standard. As to your point that the 7 spark sys is for the Super cab, My Build sheet states AM/FM stereo with 6 speakers [ Fully loaded Lariat ] The sheet is Dated 12/11. As #STAugKid stated, sometimes the premium sound is packaged, But with over 40K already invested, it's not the money. Per your example if you agreed to the $5800 and then found out you had an off-the-rack Sony low end sys in there, it would be troubling. It just seems that while it is not earth-shattering or deal-breaking it is a closely held secret as to what the sound system in the high-end Lariat SuperCab is.
There are several ironies here, one of which is that the dealer that I'am ordering from is LITERALLY right across the street from the Wayne assembly plant where they are building all of them and they can't get an answer. Another is that I live about 20 min from there and have thought about going down and hanging out at one of the Bars/Hamburger joints on Michigan ave to talk to some of the guys/gals that are putting them together but because of work I can't really hit the bars. So there's that.

Please don't think I am ranting or complaining. I'am not, There are millions of people who have way bigger problems than what kind of sound -system is in their new truck. I just wanted to thank the people that put the time in to attempt to clarify the issue, believe me I appreciate it.

We will probably just have to wait until they start showing up in our driveways in Feb or so to figure out the answer.

Also very sorry for the run-on sentence at the beginning I didn't expect to write that much, and writing is not my strong suit . I'am more of a Levis guy

Just curious, since the dealer is just across the street from the plant, do they still charge $1095 for delivery???

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, since the dealer is just across the street from the plant, do they still charge $1095 for delivery???
It’s legally mandated to be itemized separate from the base price of the vehicle.

Does it matter if the truck has a $1095 higher base price and a $0 delivery fee? It’s the same difference.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer

I'm sorry, I misunderstood what this statement was saying:
• Seven (7) Speakers and Subwoofer (SuperCrew® only)​

Both these bullets apply to the SuperCrew cab....The B&O system has been advertised two ways:
10 speakers
or
7 speakers + Sub
Basically it's the same thing (neither is entirely correct) 10 speakers boils down to 7 speakers (two are coaxial so 9 drivers), + 1 sub.

The SuperCab Lariat has the 6 speaker system.

Last edited:

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It’s legally mandated to be itemized separate from the base price of the vehicle.

Does it matter if the truck has a $1095 higher base price and a $0 delivery fee? It’s the same difference.
I was asking the question facetiously as I knew what the answer would be!

OP
OP
Pflip

Pflip

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corvette 19 Ranger Lariat
As a Matter of fact they do, It's just a way to amortize the cost of delivery all over the country. True or not I don't know but I was told they actually will put it on a car hauler and drive it across they street. As a side note I noticed your avatar picture and they have the same truck on their Brag Ramp outside the plant, I'll try to get a picture and post it for you.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I was asking the question facetiously as I knew what the answer would be!
No worries. It's the same BS with checked bags fees on airlines.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
As a Matter of fact they do, It's just a way to amortize the cost of delivery all over the country. True or not I don't know but I was told they actually will put it on a car hauler and drive it across they street. As a side note I noticed your avatar picture and they have the same truck on their Brag Ramp outside the plant, I'll try to get a picture and post it for you.
Thanks, I'd appreciate the picture. I just had to ask the question.
Sponsored