2019 Ranger Lariat - Loss of volume

Chab921

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Looking for some advice. I purchased this used from a Ford dealer. It has the B&O stereo system. In the last few months, I noticed that I seem to have to turn the volume up to higher levels to get the same volume I used to . For example, it's not uncommon to me to have the volume turned half way up to listen at a reasonable level whereas when I first got it, that was too much.

Just recently, when I get in and start it, the volume is real high for a few seconds then drops.

I do not have the speed compensation turned on.

Ideas?
Sponsored

FInoob

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
??
You going to HD FM channels?

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Try turning the media volume on your phone up, mine plays the game of " we don't want you to have full volume " if I allow it to connect via bluetooth. Can't wait for my wireless Android Auto gizmo to finally ship.

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
What version is your Sync3 at? The latest build and also the one previous have nasty issues with the "speed compensated volume" under the audio settings at least for me. I had to disable it as it would blare very loud or quiet at any speed. Worked fine on previous software versions though.

OP
OP
Chab921

Chab921

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, regarding the phone, I rarely use it for music. However, I understand the phone volume part of it.

I'm not positive of the version of SYNC I have. I have the speed compensation turned off completely.

It just seems weird. It used to be a really loud system, and now its lost some power. I've had MANY high powered car stereos in the past. This is supposed to be 675w. I'm not getting that for sure.

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
You have SuperCab or SuperCrew? cuz I see your white truck as SuperCrew...

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
So, regarding the phone, I rarely use it for music. However, I understand the phone volume part of it.

I'm not positive of the version of SYNC I have. I have the speed compensation turned off completely.

It just seems weird. It used to be a really loud system, and now its lost some power. I've had MANY high powered car stereos in the past. This is supposed to be 675w. I'm not getting that for sure.
I would suggest checking for updates if you are in wifi range or download the latest to a USB drive from the owner.ford.com website. The latest version (v3.4 Build 21098) has the original audio punch back (but sirius XM travel link is broken if you use that). The previous version lost a bit...the one before that got it back and the one before that lost a lot of punch and was really bad lol. Sorry would have to look through old threads to find the versions that sounded worse.

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
That helps me because I recently connected to home WiFi and let it update and noticed I lost XM travel link and also noticed a change in volume level. I used to leave it on level 5 but now it has to be on level 7 or 8….definite difference

FInoob

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
??
Looking for some advice. I purchased this used from a Ford dealer. It has the B&O stereo system. In the last few months, I noticed that I seem to have to turn the volume up to higher levels to get the same volume I used to . For example, it's not uncommon to me to have the volume turned half way up to listen at a reasonable level whereas when I first got it, that was too much.

Just recently, when I get in and start it, the volume is real high for a few seconds then drops.

I do not have the speed compensation turned on.

Ideas?
Any luck finding the problem?

OP
OP
Chab921

Chab921

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any luck finding the problem?
I just checked for the current update. Shows 3.4 build 20136 as the most recent update. I’m connected to my home WiFi

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I just checked for the current update. Shows 3.4 build 20136 as the most recent update. I’m connected to my home WiFi
This was the issue I ran into when trying to update the Sync 3 system. It kept telling me my truck was on the latest version despite other people being on 3-4 versions later than mine. Nothing I did would force it to pull a new version. Searching for other options I found the Cyanlabs Sync 3 updater tool. With it I was able to update the Sync 3 with ease.

The Cyanlabs Sync 3 updater also shows the latest build currently available is 3.4.21194. The files are downloaded directly from Ford and it will setup the thumb drive to process the update. Just be sure to do your research on it before attempting.
Sponsored