First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Occupation
Retired
2019 ranger lariat. This has occurred 4 times with the truck. It has the b&o audio system. Seems random. Start the vehicle there is no sound on any source. The display shows that audio is off the it will turn on display input then goes back to audio off. Dealer changed the amp the first time it occurred. Second time they said the plugs on amplifier not seated properly so they added dielectric for better contact and secured the plug. Third time they unplugged and replugged amp fourth time same thing. Anyone experiencing this or a good guess because dealer has no idea.
Sponsored

Chab921

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew
2019 ranger lariat. This has occurred 4 times with the truck. It has the b&o audio system. Seems random. Start the vehicle there is no sound on any source. The display shows that audio is off the it will turn on display input then goes back to audio off. Dealer changed the amp the first time it occurred. Second time they said the plugs on amplifier not seated properly so they added dielectric for better contact and secured the plug. Third time they unplugged and replugged amp fourth time same thing. Anyone experiencing this or a good guess because dealer has no idea.
Did you ever get an answer for any of this? I have the exact same thing that happened to mine. Working perfectly one day, the next morning it cycles through audio off, then on, shows preset bank and no volume at all under any source.

Chab921

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever get an answer for any of this? I have the exact same thing that happened to mine. Working perfectly one day, the next morning it cycles through audio off, then on, shows preset bank and no volume at all under any source.
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
My father had a similar situation with his leased mkx a few years back, it was in and out of the shop for a couple months, they had it completely stripped the interior out to try and find out. He also had static that would play. No matter what they did the issue always returned, ended up buying the lease back. Good luck, hope its nothing serious.

Chab921

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My father had a similar situation with his leased mkx a few years back, it was in and out of the shop for a couple months, they had it completely stripped the interior out to try and find out. He also had static that would play. No matter what they did the issue always returned, ended up buying the lease back. Good luck, hope its nothing serious.
I purchased a 2019 Ranger Lariat from a Ford dealership, Pre-certified, blah, blah. It was a lease turn in with only 36,000 miles. Has ALL the bells and whistles. Personally, one of the BIG features of me buying a vehicle is the audio system. This B&O system is incredible for a factory system!! I've only owned it 2 weeks. Everything was perfect. Parked it one night, then the next morning, it cycled through "Audio Off, Preset Bank, showing the source, then Audio Off"....... Out of the blue. I'm hoping they have found a permanent fix for this "bug". Here's to hoping!!

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I purchased a 2019 Ranger Lariat from a Ford dealership, Pre-certified, blah, blah. It was a lease turn in with only 36,000 miles. Has ALL the bells and whistles. Personally, one of the BIG features of me buying a vehicle is the audio system. This B&O system is incredible for a factory system!! I've only owned it 2 weeks. Everything was perfect. Parked it one night, then the next morning, it cycled through "Audio Off, Preset Bank, showing the source, then Audio Off"....... Out of the blue. I'm hoping they have found a permanent fix for this "bug". Here's to hoping!!
Yeah hope so too, especially since that mkx was a 2017 or 18 model year. It sounded nice when it worked, but im no audiophile, so I cant comment on the quality to much. For vehicles, as long as there is four speakers its good enough for me lol

TomS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
I have had my 2019 Ranger Lariet from day one. Now my Audio in all modes is doing this as well. No sound and it cycles from AUDIO ON to AUDIO OFF! .
Going to dealer tonight!

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I had it happen once, over a year ago, when I used the remote start until it turned off, then used the remote start until it turned off again, without getting in and fully starting it with the key fob. I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes and it worked fine after that.

I read somewhere (B4 I was on R5G) others have had similar issues after using the remote start multiple times without fully starting it, so I avoid doing that and it hasn't happened since. It may be connected or it may have been a one time thing for my truck?

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Tremor
Just got mine back from the dealer last week with this issue ('22 lariat). I was told there was an internal failure with the amp, which they replaced.
Sponsored