2019 Ford Ranger Waiting Room - Share Your Orders Here!

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
Thanks for the video Stumblois. I believe the automotive industry hired people from the airline industry to calculate legroom!!
Sponsored

Traveler

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape Titanium, 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6
To help abit with the last few questions i found this video on youtube it's a dealer preproduction truck but walks through it and you get a good sense of scale. Still no numbers though.
Looking at the video I see a button at the center of the transfer case selector switch that appears to be labeled TM. The speaker makes reference to a tow-haul selector. Could TM be a Tow Mode button for flat towing behind motor home? That would essentially be a transfer case neutral switch. We can only hope.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at the video I see a button at the center of the transfer case selector switch that appears to be labeled TM. The speaker makes reference to a tow-haul selector. Could TM be a Tow Mode button for flat towing behind motor home? That would essentially be a transfer case neutral switch. We can only hope.
I think TM stands for trail management. It is in the off road package. Just my guess.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After looking at the build site there is whats called Terrain Management System. That is probably the button your referring to? Could be wrong though?

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
How much deposit would dealers require to order a 2019 Ranger now?
My dealer required no deposit, also wouldn’t take a deposit on my 2017 F350

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Rancher
Jerry, from NM, Ordered mine, second day they were taking orders. Lariat 4X4, crew cab, pretty much everything, but running boards, bed liner, and $800. , and something wheels. Something my dealer told me that I haven’t seen anywhere else. Said first run is 1500 trucks, half the dealers, are getting one truck, just one! I looked it up, there are 3000 dealers, so half is indeed 1500. These trucks are supposed to arrive, late Nov, or Dec 2018

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Jerry, from NM, Ordered mine, second day they were taking orders. Lariat 4X4, crew cab, pretty much everything, but running boards, bed liner, and $800. , and something wheels. Something my dealer told me that I haven’t seen anywhere else. Said first run is 1500 trucks, half the dealers, are getting one truck, just one! I looked it up, there are 3000 dealers, so half is indeed 1500. These trucks are supposed to arrive, late Nov, or Dec 2018
Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing this info. If that's true then I wonder when the second run will begin. These things are gonna be pretty rare sights for a while if only half the dealers in the country are getting just one Ranger for a while.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Rancher
Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing this info. If that's true then I wonder when the second run will begin. These things are gonna be pretty rare sights for a while if only half the dealers in the country are getting just one Ranger for a while.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Rancher
Was pulling into a auto parts store, Sat. Low and behold, what appeared to be a new Ranger, was also pulling in. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Turned out it was a 2018, from Mexico. Crew cab, 4X4, 5 spd, manual.Owner let me sit in it. Guy spoke no English, but there was a store employee, that was bilingual, if his math was right, converting, from liters, and kilometers, he was getting about 26 mpg

BE858C2B-8DEE-48AE-9282-4F250931EB02.jpeg
5EE78260-BCDA-4A85-9D02-FE572E92E9F6.jpeg

Last edited:

K Knox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Occupation
Guitarist
Was pulling into a auto parts store, Sat. Low and behold, what appeared to be a new Ranger, was also pulling in. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Turned out it was a 2018, from Mexico. Crew cab, 4X4, 5 spd, manual.Owner let me sit in it. Guy spoke no English, but there was a store employee, that was bilingual, if his math was right, converting, from liters, and kilometers, he was getting about 26 mpg

BE858C2B-8DEE-48AE-9282-4F250931EB02.jpeg
5EE78260-BCDA-4A85-9D02-FE572E92E9F6.jpeg
How cool is that! How'd you like the interior?

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Interesting.

Considering Job #1 doesn't start until November 26, 2018, then probably a 60-90 day 'Factory Hold', which places on dealer lots around February 2019, which lines up with all of Ford's current and initial product material. That dealer may be a little optimistic with their timeline.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Rancher
Interesting.

Considering Job #1 doesn't start until November 26, 2018, then probably a 60-90 day 'Factory Hold', which places on dealer lots around February 2019, which lines up with all of Ford's current and initial product material. That dealer may be a little optimistic with their timeline.
Probably, be interesting to see! I was dealing with the GM, he filled out the order. After we were done, I asked him when they expected them, he went back, and consulted his computer, then told me, late Nov or Dec, it’s very possible he was looking at build dates. The part about, the first run being 1500 units, and half the dealers, getting one truck, I absolutely believe. A few days before they started taking orders, I was in the dealership, I inquired, about when they were going to take orders, build them etc. He had no idea about any of it. A few days later they called and told me they were now taking orders, when I ordered, he seemed to know a lot more, than what’s out there, on the internet, etc.

Last edited:

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Rancher
How cool is that! How'd you like the interior?
Seat, was good, this was an XLT, so interior, was pretty basic, cloth seats

Last edited:

FelixDaCat

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Probably, be interesting to see! I was dealing with the GM, he filled out the order. After we were done, I asked him when they expected them, he went back, and consulted his computer, then told me, late Nov or Dec, it’s very possible he was looking at build dates. The part about, the first run being 1500 units, and half the dealers, getting one truck, I absolutely believe. A few days before they started taking orders, I was in the dealership, I inquired, about when they were going to take orders, build them etc. He had no idea about any of it. A few days later they called and told me they were now taking orders, when I ordered, he seemed to know a lot more, than what’s out there, on the internet, etc.
I wonder how it's being determined which dealers do and don't get a first run Ranger. Based on the dealer's overall sales numbers maybe?

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Rancher
I wonder how it's being determined which dealers do and don't get a first run Ranger. Based on the dealer's overall sales numbers maybe?
I would bet that is what it’s based on.
Sponsored