2019 Ford Ranger Tops Midsize Pickup Truck Segment in J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
DEARBORN, Mich., June 19, 2019 – Both Ford and Lincoln rank among the top five automotive brands in the United States for the first time in the latest J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study thanks to overall quality improvements that are outpacing the industry. Now in its 33rd year, the study measures vehicle quality by analyzing problems reported by owners in the first 90 days of ownership.

Ford nameplates ranking tops in their segments are Ford Ranger for midsize pickups and Ford Fusion for midsize cars.

“When it comes to quality, the all-new Ranger delivers on our Built Ford Tough promise to our customers,” says Linda Cash, Ford vice president, global quality. “To have both Ford and Lincoln rank among the top five brands affirms our commitment to delivering the best cars, SUVs and trucks for our owners.”

Built at the newly revamped Michigan Assembly Plant, Ranger went on sale in January. This marks the first time the midsize pickup has earned an Initial Quality Study award since 2006.

Ford F-150 and Super Duty, along with Escape, Expedition and Flex rank in the top three of their respective segments. Combined, Ford and Lincoln have 10 top-three models in the study.

The Lincoln Motor Company’s top-three models include Navigator, Nautilus and MKC. Lincoln’s strong SUV lineup drove first-quarter sales up 11.2 percent, with the new Navigator posting a 10 percent gain. Lincoln’s SUV momentum is expected to continue as two new SUVs – Aviator and Corsair – prepare for launch this year.
Sponsored

Attachments

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I am highly satisfied with my Ranger

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I actually participated in this survey about my Ranger purchase about a month ago...they paid me a Dollar:sunglasses:
Me too. I scored them excellent except for the "fit and finish". The seams between panels are not as uniform as on the wife's CRV. Minor paint issues, Misaligned hood, But all in all these are minor. Love the truck otherwise.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I guess nobody in the survey got the keypad :LOL: