2019 Ford Ranger Tech Specs

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Few things I noticed about Ranger when comparing to the Tacoma and Colorado...

- better turning circle than both Tacoma and Colorado
- less fuel capacity than both Tacoma and Colorado
- more front and rear legroom than Tacoma but less than Colorado

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
The width on this truck is a full 10 inches wider than the segment average. It is also 13-14 inches shorter than the segment average.

This should be one stable little truck!

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
The width on this truck is a full 10 inches wider than the segment average. It is also 13-14 inches shorter than the segment average.

This should be one stable little truck!
I'm suspicious of the 85.8" width excluding mirrors. Just looked up specs on F-150 and it lists width excluding mirrors as 79.9". I find it hard to believe that the Ranger will be wider than the F-150. I wonder if they made a mistake in the specs?? By comparison, my Colorado is 73" without mirrors; 83.25" with mirrors. Track on Ranger is 61.4", Colorado is 62.4" I think they meant width including mirrors.

Last edited:

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm suspicious of the 85.8" width excluding mirrors. Just looked up specs on F-150 and it lists width excluding mirrors as 79.9". I find it hard to believe that the Ranger will be wider than the F-150. I wonder if they made a mistake in the specs?? By comparison, my Colorado is 73" without mirrors; 83.25" with mirrors. Track on Ranger is 61.4", Colorado is 62.4" I think they meant width including mirrors.
I agree that has to be a mistake. Look at the max box width inside dimension of 61.4". There is no way the body extends past this by ~12" on each side (one look at the pics rules that out). I cannot immediately find it but I have seen the 85.8" number stating that includes the mirrors. I think the Ranger international max width is something like 73" and that seems reasonable considering it equates to ~6" to each outside from the maximum inside box width. That would also equate to the mirrors extending past the body by about ~6.5", which also sounds reasonable. And finally the 73" number makes far more sense given the shoulder and hip room. So, my take is it's ~ 73" (or however the international Ranger is spec'd).

Last edited:

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
It has to be a mistake. I had the size estimated at 72.8 which is the World Ranger width. The Ranger Raptor world truck converts to 85.6 inches.

Edit: T6 World truck comes in at 85.2" with mirrors. That size has to be with mirrors. Still waiting on an update without mirrors.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
Is there an estimated curb weight yet? That seems to be the one spec I cannot find anywhere.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Is there an estimated curb weight yet? That seems to be the one spec I cannot find anywhere.
Curb weight is unknown right now. The T6 world Ranger converts to 4,339 lbs which only gives us an idea of where the US Spec Ranger will land. Still waiting on official word from Ford.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Curb weight is unknown right now. The T6 world Ranger converts to 4,339 lbs which only gives us an idea of where the US Spec Ranger will land. Still waiting on official word from Ford.
I would guess if the GVWR is 6050 as noted on door stickers, less 1860 payload, curb weight would be 4190ish

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
GVWR is the maximum weight and Curb Weight is considered a dry weight or min weight.
It's what I said. cargo + vehicle weight = maximum operating weight. So less the max cargo (1860 lbs) you can surmise what the vehicle weight will be when you know the GVWR is 6050 lbs (based on sticker), so 6050lbs -1860lbs =4190lbs. I am generalizing because depending on trim level, the vehicle weight and GVWR will change due to equipment.
Gross vehicle weight rating
The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers. The term is used for motor vehicles and trains.

Last edited:

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
It's what I said. cargo + vehicle weight = maximum operating weight. So less the max cargo (1860 lbs) you can surmise what the vehicle weight will be when you know the GVWR is 6050 lbs (based on sticker), so 6050lbs -1860lbs =4190lbs. I am generalizing because depending on trim level, the vehicle weight and GVWR will change due to equipment.
Gross vehicle weight rating
The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers. The term is used for motor vehicles and trains.
Missed the word "less" as in minus. While that formula does get you in the ballpark, for some reason it doesn't seem to be accurate across the segment. My best guess is that when looking up the numbers, the manufacturers provide the highest of lowest (best) numbers instead of the exact numbers per the specific build I am looking at for as even of a comparison across the board as I can get.

The Ranger curb weight should be better on the SuperCab which means Ford will provide SuperCab numbers on curb weight. I am currently using the T6 World Ranger as a placeholder which converts to 4,339 lbs.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Missed the word "less" as in minus. While that formula does get you in the ballpark, for some reason it doesn't seem to be accurate across the segment. My best guess is that when looking up the numbers, the manufacturers provide the highest of lowest (best) numbers instead of the exact numbers per the specific build I am looking at for as even of a comparison across the board as I can get.

The Ranger curb weight should be better on the SuperCab which means Ford will provide SuperCab numbers on curb weight. I am currently using the T6 World Ranger as a placeholder which converts to 4,339 lbs.
The difference is in the trim level equipment. Electronics, crew cabs, transfer cases, ect. change the weights. So each trim level and 4wd vrs 2wd will have varying weights

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
From what I've noticed, most of the global Rangers have some sort of diesel engine, so I imagine they'd be heavier overall than the US market Ranger with the 2.3L.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
I'm sure Ford will do what it takes to keep the weight over 6000 GVWR for the 179 Tax Deduction in the US.
Sponsored