First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When I was stationed in El Paso, I couldn't believe how brown everything was, different shades of tan and brown everywhere. It wasn't until I drove home after I got out of the Army, that I realized how green everything on the East coast is. A friend of mine now lives in Alamogordo. He came home for a family reunion a few Summers ago and he kept exclaiming how green everything was. I laughed because I knew exactly what he was experiencing.

We always said that West Texas would be a hell of beach...if there was any damn water.

Apparently the first settlers to the Tularosa Valley found a verdant grasslands. Overgrazing, the abnormally heavy rainfall stopping and the Dustbowl turned it into a desert.
One thing about all that greenery is I'm allergic to it. You name it trees,grass,pollen and mold. I suffered for 51 years until moving out here where I'm 90% better. There are only a few things that bother me now and it's for a couple weeks in the spring and fall then I'm good. Not like back east where I suffered all 4 seasons but much less in the winters.

For me the hardest thing to get use to out here isn't the brown landscape is's the 50 shades of brown on EVERY house! They all look the same and so does every neighborhood,it's like being in a maze. The east coast homes at least have some character along with different styles but here it's one community after another filled in by strip malls and Walmart's.

I hate cold weather,anything under 70 is cold now, and for now there's still a lot of freedom here to do as you please and I really don't mind the summer heat. It would be nice to get a break once and a while but for me it's really only hot June-Aug where the nights just never cool off and at 10:00 pm it can still be over 100 out.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
One thing about all that greenery is I'm allergic to it. You name it trees,grass,pollen and mold. I suffered for 51 years until moving out here where I'm 90% better.
Now you have me thinking about going out west. I have allergy problems all year round here.

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet! I have the same truck,:color, chrome and all! Got me thinking I'll be doing mine soon..

ShadowKeeper

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
In our area we know what small towns give us trouble and roll our windows down while passing through them. Although I run legal tint not counting the tint in the windows, which almost everyone does here as legal, without trouble from the police. My son on the other hand tints everything, including his windshield. The windshields not tinted that dark, but the rest of the trucks 5 pct.

OP
OP
Rodrigues

Rodrigues

First Name
Ostaquio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Law Enforcement
In our area we know what small towns give us trouble and roll our windows down while passing through them. Although I run legal tint not counting the tint in the windows, which almost everyone does here as legal, without trouble from the police. My son on the other hand tints everything, including his windshield. The windshields not tinted that dark, but the rest of the trucks 5 pct.
Yeah I hear you, I usually do the same out here. I know a lot people out this way that has got in trouble for having A way too dark tint. Windshield tint in Mass = A nice ticket lol! However depending on the cop he may give you the option to take off the tint or get a ticket. Stay safe out there!

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I always heard the ceramic was really expensive. I know a buddy of mine did all 6 windows for $1,500...
It's expensive. But I was only interested in the front because of the size and sun exposure. I thought it would not be unlawful...but it still can be found by the detectors. The side windows have regular tint.
screenshot 2.png

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Now you have me thinking about going out west. I have allergy problems all year round here.
We have loads of pollen down here, but I'm not allergic to it. I'm allergic to house dust and dust mites, and there's no escaping them!

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
One thing about all that greenery is I'm allergic to it. You name it trees,grass,pollen and mold. I suffered for 51 years until moving out here where I'm 90% better. There are only a few things that bother me now and it's for a couple weeks in the spring and fall then I'm good. Not like back east where I suffered all 4 seasons but much less in the winters.

For me the hardest thing to get use to out here isn't the brown landscape is's the 50 shades of brown on EVERY house! They all look the same and so does every neighborhood,it's like being in a maze. The east coast homes at least have some character along with different styles but here it's one community after another filled in by strip malls and Walmart's.

I hate cold weather,anything under 70 is cold now, and for now there's still a lot of freedom here to do as you please and I really don't mind the summer heat. It would be nice to get a break once and a while but for me it's really only hot June-Aug where the nights just never cool off and at 10:00 pm it can still be over 100 out.
Go to Sedona.....

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
For me it was a great move both financially and health wise. I still have allergies but they're very mild,nothing like back east where I was allergic to everything. It didn't help either that I build my house in the woods on 3 acres.

You just have to make sure you can tolerate the heat. It's relentless and there's NO breaks for months. Yes it's a "dry heat" but you don't get those cold fronts that will cool you off occasionally, once it gets hot it stays hot.

Go to Sedona.....
We go up there a lot. Way to expensive to live up there though but a great place to go hiking and off roading. That's where my avatar picture was taken. :)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For me it was a great move both financially and health wise. I still have allergies but they're very mild,nothing like back east where I was allergic to everything. It didn't help either that I build my house in the woods on 3 acres.

You just have to make sure you can tolerate the heat. It's relentless and there's NO breaks for months. Yes it's a "dry heat" but you don't get those cold fronts that will cool you off occasionally, once it gets hot it stays hot.

We go up there a lot. Way to expensive to live up there though but a great place to go hiking and off roading. That's where my avatar picture was taken. :)
Hi Dave,

Monsoons down here cool off the evenings quite nicely and the lightning show is superb!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Monsoons down here cool off the evenings quite nicely and the lightning show is superb!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

Yes you guys get a lot more relief down there than we do. The past 3 summers we've had non-soons here,muggy in July and August with little to no rains. I think 2016 was the best as we had some spectacular lightning shows and a lot of thunderstorms which dropped the temps down into the 70's some nights. Hopefully this summer is better.

From 2016

IMG_2615.JPG
IMG_5913.JPG

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I know what the heat is like. Spent a few days there passing through. I lived in Fla for 4 plus years, Hawaii for 3.5 years an San Diego a year an a half. I was in NM for 2 days in Aug lol.

One guy I know gets an eye doctor note to say windshield tint is a "medical necessity" I I were the cop I'd tell him to get sunglasses.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Hey Bud, thank you! And I am sorry you had a hard time out here. I know some cops that are really hardcore towards tint and Some that doesn’t really care. Tint does not bother me as long as I don’t see them driving stupid. But I don’t usually use the illegal tint as a reason to pull someone over! Be safe out there.
Had 20% on my F-150 and wife's Fusion. She was pulled over (for tint, no traffic violations) and fined. No warning. No "you have 30 days to take it off". Just a $165 fine. She was 42 with no criminal record and clean driving record (don't they "run" your plate?). I felt like it was just a d_ck cop.
Sponsored