1st SuperCab in the House!

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
While I find the Coupe better for my overall needs than the Sedan ...
The Coupe is also better for access with stuff.
Advantage Coupe!

However...

I have a rule...
The rear seat passenger is not allowed to operate the rear door on the Coupe.
The driver is required to let them in and out.

Reason?
I have seen too many times on trucks with suicide doors when the front passenger has shut the front door first, then the back seat passenger slams the rear door against the front.

That can cause serious damage.
Advantage Sedan!

Either way, one advantage outweighs the other. For me and my passengers the overall advantage goes to the Coupe.
The grandkids all love the Mustang , but it is much easier to pick them up with the Transit Connect.
The "TC" also stands for Taxi Cab!:giggle:
Coupe? Sedan? Those are passenger car terms. Ford markets truck cabs as either Regular Cab (F-Series only) SuperCab or SuperCrew. I know it's a minor thing, but why not use the real terms for models. With that said, the SuperCrew is the way to go for most buyers if you actually need to haul people. If you have other vehicles that can comfortably haul passengers and you just want a larger box then the SuperCab makes sense. I'm 6'1 and I fit fine in the SuperCrew back seat for short to medium trips. I can't imagine wedging myself into the back seat of the SuperCab. It's basically storage space or a seat for kids 10 and under.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
He insists on using the wrong names and isn't about to change just to make it easier for other people to understand him.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
He insists on using the wrong names and isn't about to change just to make it easier for other people to understand him.
Well it took me awhile to figure it out because I thought he was talking about a Mustang vs something like a Fusion not a Ranger. I guess whatever makes a person happy, but the only Ranger coupe and sedan ever made is the '58-'60 Edsel Ranger.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Coupe? Sedan? Those are passenger car terms. Ford markets truck cabs as either Regular Cab (F-Series only) SuperCab or SuperCrew. I know it's a minor thing, but why not use the real terms for models. With that said, the SuperCrew is the way to go for most buyers if you actually need to haul people. If you have other vehicles that can comfortably haul passengers and you just want a larger box then the SuperCab makes sense. I'm 6'1 and I fit fine in the SuperCrew back seat for short to medium trips. I can't imagine wedging myself into the back seat of the SuperCab. It's basically storage space or a seat for kids 10 and under.
We I'm only 6'0" and WAY over 10 years old... I fit fine in the back seat of my SuperCab,(imagine that!:wink:) not only me, but I have had several adults and child seats and boosters, each time I got only compliments and no complaints.Edit
Good as any coupe I've owned.(:idea:Thus the analogy )
I imagine you can't imagine wedging yourself into the backseat of a Mustang either.
That's understandable but the fact of the matter is that the Ranger SuperCab still has a serviceable rear passenger seat.

I do have a friend who is my height who couldn't wedge himself in either version but i'm not sure height has anything to do with it!:blush::whew:
You are right though. the SuperCrew rear seat is designed to be more commodious for two passengers ( maybe even 3? EH?)
I think if you read my post again you will see that it espouses the merits of each with even a slight bias toward the merits of the SuperCrew.

The Sedan/Coupe thing is not disparaging it is just for clarity.
You got it right away!:like:

My truck is Metallic Gold, even if Ford does call it "Saber":LOL:
I mean Saber:question:... What's that???
Would you say to the parking attendant ...
"Its the Saber Ranger":giggle:

Might just as well say ... " Its the Saber coupe":crazy::LOL:

As smart as this group is, I highly doubt that anyone here is unable to grasp the aforementioned analogy or is even challenged by the prospect.... Comments #47 and #48 notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Well it took me awhile to figure it out because I thought he was talking about a Mustang vs something like a Fusion not a Ranger. I guess whatever makes a person happy, but the only Ranger coupe and sedan ever made is the '58-'60 Edsel Ranger.
AKA.. " Lemon sucking Mercury" (fondly of course)

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger passes the camping-test.

I am pleased to say that I also got my full-size duffle bag here in the "back seat", and my wife used up her side with her personal gear. Everything else went in the back easily.

I ordered my cap six weeks ago, still no word on delivery...

P7301483.JPG

P7311484.JPG

P8011492.JPG

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I would have loved a 6' bed on the SuperCrew. But I needed the 4 doors. Looks good in red!
Sponsored