Diode Dynamics SLF Yellow 780 Lumens

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Has any upgraded the fog lights to the SLF yellow diode dynamics bulbs. I drive in the snow at times and would like to upgrade to a super bright yellow bulb. Any insight appreciated before pulling the trigger on such. Wanted to make sure they were plug and play with the lariats. I know the kits work to replace the halogen bulbs in other trims. Thx.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/fog-light-leds-for-2019-ford-ranger-pair.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got a lariat as well. Wondering if the yellow tint and brightness is worth the investment. Prefer yellow.

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
I upgraded with diode dynamics ss3 sae fogs in yellow, and those are a huge improvement.

Might end up having to sell them once I upgrade bumpers though

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I upgraded with diode dynamics ss3 sae fogs in yellow, and those are a huge improvement.

Might end up having to sell them once I upgrade bumpers though
Right on. Was going to try and use existing mounting and light. Wondering if the bulbs that diode sells as upgrades are plug and play for the lariat trim leds. I know they work for the other trims halogens as replacements.

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
That's why i attached the pictures. We don't have bulbs on the lariat factory fogs lol. They are fixed led's in the same factory housing as the other non led fogs. Can't upgrade bulb, but you can get yellow film

Mike

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's why i attached the pictures. We don't have bulbs on the lariat factory fogs lol. They are fixed led's in the same factory housing as the other non led fogs. Can't upgrade bulb, but you can get yellow film

Mike
Ahhhhhhhh. Thank you. Was a little confused. Appreciate it!!!

Deleted member 1634

Mike
Ahhhhhhhh. Thank you. Was a little confused. Appreciate it!!!
You could swap out the whole pod assembly for a yellow light if you really wanted. I think Diode has that as an option as well. Or maybe it was someone else, but it's on the forum here somewhere.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I want to get the yellows as well (XLT here so direct replacement). I note it is only available in 780 lumens. I'm not very bright (pun intended) when it comes to lighting. I don't want to be one of those guys with super annoying bright lights, is 780 considered very bright (like annoying bright?). I want to be considerate of those who I'm driving around and not blind them.
Sponsored