First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Toolmaker
Hello and thank you for your help. Starting to look for this grill on the left but it seems like stage three does not sell the style. What problem am I running into here trying to find the grill on the left that some people prefer versus the grill on the right. Thank you for your help..

299856BC-ECEC-41F4-AB16-8507DF43BF57.jpeg
Sponsored

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You can find that Raptor style grill on eBay. The one on the right is still relatively new and keeps a similar look to that of the factory grill with the trim around it. As you can see running the Raptor style lights would look different between the two.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
You can find Raptor knock-off grills all over Amazon and truth be told, the quality is perfectly fine and the price tag is much cheaper.

I will be the first to tell people that quality matters.... when it is appropriate. Plastic isn't one of them.

Guess where the real raptor grill that cost twice as much is made? China.

It all comes from China. Companies love to price bloat ignorant customers.

High dollar off-road lights? Made in China, assembled in America, so they can put giant "USA" letters on the box and in smaller print below it put "assembled". I have a real contempt for companies that do this. They know exactly what they are doing.

OP
OP

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Toolmaker
Thank you to the both of you guys! Are eBay and Amazon grills the same or is one better than the other, thanks again!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you to the both of you guys! Are eBay and Amazon grills the same or is one better than the other, thanks again!
Pretty much the same...every single Raptor style grille are made in China and knock offs of one another...probably the same tools lol...

OP
OP

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Toolmaker
You can find that Raptor style grill on eBay. The one on the right is still relatively new and keeps a similar look to that of the factory grill with the trim around it. As you can see running the Raptor style lights would look different between the two.
I really like and will purchase the left side eBay/Amazon grill and also the 3 lights today. The 4 light one is cool but not for me.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Made in China, assembled in America, so they can put giant "USA" letters on the box and in smaller print below it put "assembled". I have a real contempt for companies that do this.
Me too! I also hate when you pick up a food item and it says "Distributed by..."

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much the same...every single Raptor style grille are made in China and knock offs of one another...probably the same tools lol...
I read an article somewhere that basically when they have an overrun from one client, they just resell them under a different name for themselves.

I've also read that baked into the price of the chicom factory work order quotes is some skim off the top (material cost) so they can purposefully make overruns then do the above. Like quote a client X dollars to make 100 grills, but in reality the price quote includes material cost that will give them an overrun of say 5 grills.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I read an article somewhere that basically when they have an overrun from one client, they just resell them under a different name for themselves.

I've also read that baked into the price of the chicom factory work order quotes is some skim off the top (material cost) so they can purposefully make overruns then do the above. Like quote a client X dollars to make 100 grills, but in reality the price quote includes material cost that will give them an overrun of say 5 grills.
Yes, that's why you see the same products in Amazon...so many identical items with different branding but dramatic price differences...

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
Hello and thank you for your help. Starting to look for this grill on the left but it seems like stage three does not sell the style. What problem am I running into here trying to find the grill on the left that some people prefer versus the grill on the right. Thank you for your help..

299856BC-ECEC-41F4-AB16-8507DF43BF57.jpeg
Steeda has that one from Ford Performance as well & a couple dollars cheaper
when I had the mustang I went through them & everything was GREAT

1664213618915.png

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry but is everyone not over these yet? I mean, now that they are available for Focus' Transit vans, and even SilverAdos I'm sure..

I think the newest SpaceX rocket even has one.

I just really like how my good ole XLT Grill looks with its Magnetic paint around the perimeter I guess.

StopherTopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
@RK Racing if you’re going for the ford performance grille, @LevittownFordParts.com has it for cheaper than any one. I’m bias on having that over the knock off raptor grille. The guys at Levittown are great, super responsive and will probably hook you up with a discount shipping code. Have a look at my grille swap. Looks great with the grille lights too
A11F647C-96BC-4E51-9B02-B89E0F16AB6C.jpeg
Sponsored