JB4 Tune (Burger Motorsports)

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Ok guys so I have been in discussion with Burger MotorSports, they make the piggyback tune I have touched on in other threads called the JB4. They are sending me a demo kit and I will be working with them over the next month to dial in the perfect tune for our application. As I said before this is going to be the ideal tuning option for the new Ranger. Undetectable, removable and highly adjustable. Looking to gain a minimum of 60whp and 100wtq. This could vary but I would guess no less. This is also paired with a Bluetooth connector and an application that gives you real time data, ability to adjust maps instantly, change psi and so much more right from your phone or tablet You can also read and clear codes all from your phone. This is going to be the best application for our new trucks with no warranty worries. I will keep you guys posted every step of the way and if you have any desired features you want to see just hit me up and I will see what they can do. Like I said I am coming from the BMW tuning world and they hold multiple records running stock components. This tune also has built in safety features that protect your engine.

I’m very excited about this tune, it’s going to unlock all the power the Ranger has to offer. Smoking F150s all day long with out compromising smoothness and reliability.
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
More goodies !!!! :thumbsup::clap::rockon:

John Galt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Ok guys so I have been in discussion with Burger MotorSports, they make the piggyback tune I have touched on in other threads called the JB4. They are sending me a demo kit and I will be working with them over the next month to dial in the perfect tune for our application. As I said before this is going to be the ideal tuning option for the new Ranger. Undetectable, removable and highly adjustable. Looking to gain a minimum of 60whp and 100wtq. This could vary but I would guess no less. This is also paired with a Bluetooth connector and an application that gives you real time data, ability to adjust maps instantly, change psi and so much more right from your phone or tablet You can also read and clear codes all from your phone. This is going to be the best application for our new trucks with no warranty worries. I will keep you guys posted every step of the way and if you have any desired features you want to see just hit me up and I will see what they can do. Like I said I am coming from the BMW tuning world and they hold multiple records running stock components. This tune also has built in safety features that protect your engine.

I’m very excited about this tune, it’s going to unlock all the power the Ranger has to offer. Smoking F150s all day long with out compromising smoothness and reliability.
While I do like this option I think we should discuss it being not detectable. IF your engine blows and they look at engine data, they will be able to tell it was tuned. There will be logs of over boosting and the duty cycle of the turbo solenoid being changed. I am not saying they will look that closely, I just believe in people having the facts. This can be detected if they want, but yes it greatly improves your chances of nobody ever knowing.

OP
OP
FlRanger

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
While I do like this option I think we should discuss it being not detectable. IF your engine blows and they look at engine data, they will be able to tell it was tuned. There will be logs of over boosting and the duty cycle of the turbo solenoid being changed. I am not saying they will look that closely, I just believe in people having the facts. This can be detected if they want, but yes it greatly improves your chances of nobody ever knowing.
Ok well even if what you are saying is true, they still don’t have proof. You are not flashing the ecu and I’m not so sure they can pull up that kind of data or like you said would go that in-depth. The simple point is that this is probably the best option for tunes as of right now. I also told you that the JB4 has a built in safety features that protect the engine. Could something happen, I’m sure it’s possible but highly unlikely. They have been running this tune on BMWs for years and I have never heard of irreversible damage or even catastrophic damage caused by the tune.

Plus if they do pull data it will most likely show up as a malfunction. The ecu malfunctioned and ran too much boost. I still think we are talking 1% chance.

John Galt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Ok well even if what you are saying is true, they still don’t have proof. You are not flashing the ecu and I’m not so sure they can pull up that kind of data or like you said would go that in-depth. The simple point is that this is probably the best option for tunes as of right now. I also told you that the JB4 has a built in safety features that protect the engine. Could something happen, I’m sure it’s possible but highly unlikely. They have been running this tune on BMWs for years and I have never heard of irreversible damage or even catastrophic damage caused by the tune.

Plus if they do pull data it will most likely show up as a malfunction. The ecu malfunctioned and ran too much boost. I still think we are talking 1% chance.
I hear ya and agree. Sometimes I get a little carried away playing devils advocate. It's part of my job. Hopefully this will be a great option for us and definitely easier and safer than a tune.

OP
OP
FlRanger

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I hear ya and agree. Sometimes I get a little carried away playing devils advocate. It's part of my job. Hopefully this will be a great option for us and definitely easier and safer than a tune.
For sure, I’m just trying to share what I think could be the best option for us. The price to hp/tq ratio is great plus it’s a piggyback with tons of info readable right from your phone. I’m excited and hope once you guys see my results you will be excited as well.

OP
OP
FlRanger

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I will have my JB4 tomorrow and I’ll keep everyone posted. I’m expecting great results.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I will have my JB4 tomorrow and I’ll keep everyone posted. I’m expecting great results.
What octane of gas will you be using? Regular (87) or Premium (91-93)?

OP
OP
FlRanger

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
FlRanger

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
@FlRanger did you get it and install? Interested.
I’m currently in the process. Having difficulty finding the TMAP sensor located on the intercooler. Once we figure that out I will do a couple runs to dial in the perfect psi and other settings. Should know a lot more in the next week!

OP
OP
FlRanger

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Ok so we have figured out we need a different harness. They are custom making one so I anticipate another week.

OP
OP
FlRanger

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Development still in progress. Will expect an update next week.

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
I'll have to keep an eye on this.
Sponsored