First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
So I've been reading a ton, and a simple conclusion I've cone down to is the new bronco is practically a ranger raptor. Both ranger raptor and bronco use same 5 link rear set up both have a track width of 69 inches. Bronco is ranger frame based. Now armed with this knowledge ot should mean doing factory conversion to a long travel m210 front suspension set up rather easy and cheaper than buying a aftermarket control arm with CVS. A locking m210 front differential will run you 1800 from ford performance, which you can get gears for unlike the m190. You'll need to run the CVS from obviously the bronco which in terms should work perfectly with control arms. This is all in theory and based off everything I've read and the fact that the bronco is pretty much an everest/ ranger raptor. Stock ranger track width is 61 inches. A gain of roughly 8 inches does a ton for travel. I'm contemplating this a lot and trying to do as much research as possible before venturing down this path, but it may be a path I take due to ford fucking me on my bronco order. I've posted on bronco6g about it which the rather famous Michael cox ended up with my fucked order. That has lead me to this path that in hind sight a truck is more useful and if all parts are interchangeable may be something to look into.

Screenshot_20210831-222355_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210831-220927_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210831-192312_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20210831-191949_Google.jpg

20210816_170003.jpg

20210816_170056.jpg
Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ranger XLT spacecab
Occupation
Vehicle fleet engineer
Just an FYI, the Bronco uses a Panhard rod setup, the Ranger Raptor (and the Everest) use a Watts linkage to locate the rear axle. The axles are also very different.

51487033027_22007eb93c_b.jpg

Last edited:

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle fleet engineer
Also to aide your research, the Ranger Raptor uses different front suspension chassis mounting points than the regular Ranger. The rear of the chassis is very different, as the coil mounts are integrated into the chassis above where the leaf spring hangers would be.

The Bronco also uses the updated platform that will be under the next generation Ranger, that had the front end widened out to help fit the V6 engines. I imagine that the front control arms won't mount on a Ranger due to this, similarly to Ranger Raptor control arms only fitting the R.R. The Bronco front control arms won't fit anything but a Bronco at the moment.

Additionally to my post above, the new Ranger Raptor still uses the same Watts linkage and axle as the current (from the spy shots we've seen), so the Bronco will be unique even vs the new Ranger.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
well one is a law man, one is the horse the law man rides on and one is a science experiment by a santa claus looking english billionaire

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Also to aide your research, the Ranger Raptor uses different front suspension chassis mounting points than the regular Ranger. The rear of the chassis is very different, as the coil mounts are integrated into the chassis above where the leaf spring hangers would be.

The Bronco also uses the updated platform that will be under the next generation Ranger, that had the front end widened out to help fit the V6 engines. I imagine that the front control arms won't mount on a Ranger due to this, similarly to Ranger Raptor control arms only fitting the R.R. The Bronco front control arms won't fit anything but a Bronco at the moment.

Additionally to my post above, the new Ranger Raptor still uses the same Watts linkage and axle as the current (from the spy shots we've seen), so the Bronco will be unique even vs the new Ranger.
The bronco chassis isn't widened the arms are longer literally 2 inches on either side. From spy shots both raptor and bronco rear look to be same as far as 2022 model goes. The front mounting points look identical the only difference is it looks to have a taller shock mount for longer shocks.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle fleet engineer
The bronco chassis isn't widened the arms are longer literally 2 inches on either side. From spy shots both raptor and bronco rear look to be same as far as 2022 model goes. The front mounting points look identical the only difference is it looks to have a taller shock mount for longer shocks.
The frame isn't wider, but the front end was modified as V6 engines don't fit in the previous generation of the platform. They made the engine bay wider, so I presume the shock control arm mounts are different. The Control arm mounts are different on Ranger vs Ranger Raptor, they can't use the same arms despite looking the same (the PX3 has different mounts to the earlier versions also). The Bronco and Ranger Raptor rear end is fairly different, and the spy shots of the new Ranger Raptor have exactly the same suspension as mine does.

It won't be an easy project to do unfortunately. Bronco is on the updated platform, which will be the biggest hurdle.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
The frame isn't wider, but the front end was modified as V6 engines don't fit in the previous generation of the platform. They made the engine bay wider, so I presume the shock control arm mounts are different. The Control arm mounts are different on Ranger vs Ranger Raptor, they can't use the same arms despite looking the same (the PX3 has different mounts to the earlier versions also). The Bronco and Ranger Raptor rear end is fairly different, and the spy shots of the new Ranger Raptor have exactly the same suspension as mine does.

It won't be an easy project to do unfortunately. Bronco is on the updated platform, which will be the biggest hurdle.
I've been looking on tasca and a couple other oem ford parts. Parts aren't yet available but I will order front end oem suspension as soon as available. But prior to that I will go snap some pix and measurements as I'm more interested in swapping front suspension with bronco stuff and doing chevy 63 inch leafs in the rear

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle fleet engineer
I've been looking on tasca and a couple other oem ford parts. Parts aren't yet available but I will order front end oem suspension as soon as available. But prior to that I will go snap some pix and measurements as I'm more interested in swapping front suspension with bronco stuff and doing chevy 63 inch leafs in the rear
I'd be surprised if the front control arms fit, considering the Ranger Raptor arms won't even. The chassis mounting points are almost certainly different. Bronco and Ranger Raptor arms may fit in the same mounts, but I'd almost guarantee that they won't fit standard Ranger. Not the current generation anyway.

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
I'll see if I can find the clip but a couple offroad shops were creating Bronco parts before it was released they had said they were using current Ranger as a test.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
That’s interesting. That updated Bronco front axle might just fit a 5G Ranger without even changing control arms or any of that. One would have to have all the parts on hand, get out the ole plasma cutter and MIG and get to fabing lol.

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Are the front differentials the same between Ranger and Bronco? I would prefer to swap in a Ford e-locker from the Bronco instead of an ARB air actuated non sasquatch Base and rangers both use a m190 so with that fact mounting location for m210 should be same

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I suppose th

I suppose this will rule out me swapping out my adjustable Eibach’s front coil overs from my 2019 to a new 2022+ Ranger?
Too early to tell?

OP
OP
Venom_z89

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
I suppose th

I suppose this will rule out me swapping out my adjustable Eibach’s front coil overs from my 2019 to a new 2022+ Ranger?
Too early to tell?
If you look at pictures of Bronco/2023 ranger and current when it comes to shock towers the towers look to be taller about 1.5 to 2 inches

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
If you look at pictures of Bronco/2023 ranger and current when it comes to shock towers the towers look to be taller about 1.5 to 2 inches
I’m guessing that’s for more travel, not leveling.
With all the updates I doubt the parts will interchange.
Sponsored