First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I just had my alignment redone sine I went down from 3" to 2.5" in the front.

My steering feels stiffer than normal, is this due to this redone alignment?

Was wondering if you guys could take a look and tell me what you guys think. Don't have a lot of faith on this alignment shop, I saw they attached the alignment machine to the tires and not the wheels. I thought normally you're supposed to attached to the wheels? My normal go to alignment shop, had a month wait, otherwise I would have gone back to them.

Thanks

alignment.jpg
Sponsored

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Looks okay but the camber is a little on the positive side. Are you running aftermarket upper control arms? It can be hard to get the camber 100% correct without UCA's, after lifting/leveling. Often times the essentric adjustments max out before you get to a good balanced adjustment between caster and camber, on the lower control arms.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Looks okay but the camber is a little on the positive side. Are you running aftermarket upper control arms? It can be hard to get the camber 100% correct without UCA's, after lifting/leveling. Often times the essentric adjustments max out before you get to a good balanced adjustment between caster and camber, on the lower control arms.
Stock UCA's

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just had my alignment redone sine I went down from 3" to 2.5" in the front.

My steering feels stiffer than normal, is this due to this redone alignment?

Was wondering if you guys could take a look and tell me what you guys think. Don't have a lot of faith on this alignment shop, I saw they attached the alignment machine to the tires and not the wheels. I thought normally you're supposed to attached to the wheels? My normal go to alignment shop, had a month wait, otherwise I would have gone back to them.

Thanks

alignment.jpg
Hi Steve,

I think your stiffer steering is associated with the lack of any toe in of the front wheels. In my opinion you need a bit of toe in, not zero....I do not know the degree of Ranger but somewhere around a 1/16th of an inch total toe would likely help. Again, JMO...

best,
Phil

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Hi Steve,

I think your stiffer steering is associated with the lack of any toe in of the front wheels. In my opinion you need a bit of toe in, not zero....I do not know the degree of Ranger but somewhere around a 1/16th of an inch total toe would likely help. Again, JMO...

best,
Phil
Thank you Sir
Sponsored