Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I learned to drive with a three on the tree!
Did it have power steering? Many cars back in the day didn't. It took some real effort to turn that wheel and deal with the clutch and that coulomb shifter at the same time.:muscle::)

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Did it have power steering? Many cars back in the day didn't. It took some real effort to turn that wheel and deal with the clutch and that coulomb shifter at the same time.:muscle::)
Learned to drive in my dad's 60 Chevy Biscayne. 3 speed on the column, standard non power brakes, but it did have pwr steering. 3 on the column, clutching no different than a stick on the floor, and a manual steering wasn't to bad when moving, but a pain at a stop or very slow speed.
Back then in them olden days, base cars either came with a 3 on the column or a 2 speed auto and no power steering. If you wanted pwr steering you would go aftermarket and add this....

download.png

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Admin Type. U.S. Navy (Retired)
Let's see it!
Here you go….. obviously the clear bra would be hard to photograph. Lol

The first photo is really making me think about some kind of leveling kit. The dealers accessories department said a front “puck” would be the cheaper way to go but the ride suffers. The Fox 2.0 seems like the proper way to go. When I get closer to pulling the trigger I’ll hit up that thread and not hijack this one.

59DDE267-53D6-4A6B-8050-D4D65BABEC7B.jpeg

D3AC7AFF-A27B-4825-AED5-0396660BF71E.jpeg

111F21BE-74D9-460A-B6BF-6608E0137973.jpeg

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
Inwik
Some light grease can help slow it down but it will still happen.
I will admit I am a scientific retard. That admission stated, if I went out weekly and unscrewed the caps and switched them, would any damage still be done? Or, do I have to neglect them to create the issue?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Painted the tailpipe to try and match the Matte Black GoRhino Exhaust tip which has a slight sheen. Preparation: Washed the tailpipe with soap & water, brushed with steel wool, rinsed with clear water then used isopropyl alcohol as the final cleaner. Masked before painting.

Sprayed on 3 coats of Rust-Oleum High Heat Flat Black but it dried into a drab gray (see photo) instead of black which was a terrible looking match with the Matte Black Exhaust tip. Decided to spray over that with 3 coats of Rust-Oleum High Heat Ultra Black semi-gloss. This is a very rich looking color with more sheen than the Exhaust tip but they are a decent match. Anyway, the semi-glass paint should dull after time and hopefully look closer to the Exhaust tip hue.

Masked tailpipe.jpg

Masked tailpipe 2.jpg

Flat Black coat.jpg

Exhaust Tip 1.jpg

Black tailpipe close view 1.jpg

Black tailpipe close view  2.jpg

Black tailpipe close view  3.jpg

Black tailpipe Angle.jpg

Black Tailpipe long view 1.jpg

Black Tailpipe long view 2.jpg

Finished.jpg

Exhaust tip installed 1.jpg

Exhaust tip installed 2.jpg

Exhaust tip installed 3.jpg

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Inwik

I will admit I am a scientific retard. That admission stated, if I went out weekly and unscrewed the caps and switched them, would any damage still be done? Or, do I have to neglect them to create the issue?
Not sure how long it takes. It’s conditional on environmental conditions. I still have my cap with the stem and valve snapped off in it. I have seen some aluminum caps with a plastic treaded insert pressed into them. Cheaply made so they probably won’t last long ether. It’s just not something I will be doing again ?‍?

DE8E4EEE-2824-4B0E-8B0C-CD39541D138C.jpeg
Sponsored