OP
OP
DMac

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
So I’ll need two of these for the tie rod my install? I’m getting ready to installl the BDS 2” level kit. I might as well get the Nyloc nuts for the upper ball joint as well, right? I generally locktite blue everything on the suspension. Better safe than sorry. I’ve never had anything back off its torque setting so far.
I have never had it happen on a vehicle until now, but I have had the Nyloc nuts get loose on machinery before if they are removed and reinstalled.
As a side note, the instructions have your torque set at 32 ft lbs., and you will be able to turn the nut more, even once it’s at proper torque. Don’t over torque and take a chance on over seating the tie rod ball joint. Use a new nut.
If it wouldn’t be an issue I would prefer to drill a small hole and put a cotter key in it and it could never back off unless I wanted it to.

OP
OP
DMac

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Also, the instructions go the long way around on the leveling install.
They have you disconnect the upper ball joint and darn near remove the whole assembly when all you “have” to disconnect is the tie rod and then the two bolts that connect the lower control arm to the frame, then slip the shock assembly out to attach the leveling kit.
If you haven’t seen them, get on YouTube and watch the Autocraze videos from Australia. Those guys specialize in their rangers, and in a few videos you see the techs using this method to work on the front ends for lifts and levels.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Also, the instructions go the long way around on the leveling install.
They have you disconnect the upper ball joint and darn near remove the whole assembly when all you “have” to disconnect is the tie rod and then the two bolts that connect the lower control arm to the frame, then slip the shock assembly out to attach the leveling kit.
If you haven’t seen them, get on YouTube and watch the Autocraze videos from Australia. Those guys specialize in their rangers, and in a few videos you see the techs using this method to work on the front ends for lifts and levels.
Would you happen to have the link to the video? They have so many to go through lol.

OP
OP
DMac

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Would you happen to have the link to the video? They have so many to go through lol.
I will look back at them and find the ones I mentioned. Sadly, it’s not a step by step because they seem to be just showcasing the trucks they do and how they look, but during the suspension sections they show the techs and you can see them disconnecting the bottom control arms instead of disconnecting the upper ball joint from the steering knuckle

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
This one shows they just detach the arm and the tie rod
They didn't even remove the Tie Rod, it was just literally the two bolts that connect the LCA to the sub frame. I hope its that easy on ours.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
DMac

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
They didn't even remove the Tie Rod, it was just literally the two bolts that connect the LCA to the sub frame. I hope its that easy on ours.
Yeah, I went back and saw that too. I guess I’m about to find out. I have decided, after the tie rod debacle, that I’m going all in, so I ordered a readylift SST 3” lift. Now I need some wheels and tires and airbags for hauling my trailer and I will be set.
#gonnabebroke
Sponsored