2023 Ford Ranger Spotted Testing Alongside Current Generation Tremor

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Bed looks like a 6’ on a crew cab. Nose is looking more like a mini F150 style. Be nice if the 2.7 was in it. Raptor possibly? ?
I'm pretty sure it's been all but officially confirmed that the next gen Ranger Raptor will get the 2.7L EB, and I'm sure it'll be the same spec as what the Bronco gets. The regular Ranger will keep the 2.3L and get a PHEV version too I think.

Sanford & Son Salvage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4WD, SCab
Honestly I feel like it’s gonna look like a smaller f150 which... meh. I really like how differently the 5G looks. I do feel like it’s going to get some interior upgrades which will be nice. The dash on the 5G doesn’t look the best but the seats and other aspects are nice where it counts. Overall I am thinking the 6g will be mostly incremental upgrade since the frame, engine, and trans are largely unchanged. I guess there could be a wildcard 2.7 or PHEV option but I feel like either could be expensive. Sync 3 in our trucks works well enough but the infotainment upgrades will be another big one I think.
If they are going to make it look like a smaller F-150 I am out. Hood/grill/light combo on the Ranger really looks good and very different from the 150. Dodge actually is going to the more horizontal lights like the Ranger and it looks good.. Would need a SCab as well...

Now add a moonroof, paddle shifters and a grab handle and I would go looking... otherwise..... eh... but I will wait till the armor is off and see what it looks like and its features....

If there is an 0ptional tailgate damper and matching tailgate handle... !! Bingo!!

Last edited:

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
You would think the Ranger would at least get the option of the 2.7 on the lariat or up. Or maybe even an option on all the trims. To stay competitive with GM. What I mean by that is, it has all but been confirmed GM will be offering the 2.7 inline 4 in the twins for the sole option. That’s a decent bump up in horsepower and torque compared to Ford’s 2.3.

The other option I can see, the 2.3 remains the sole power train for the Ranger with the exception of the Raptor, but xl and up can be paired with the Hybrid. That would close the power gap between GM’s 2.7.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
I was talking to a guy, works for Ford, not directly in the Ranger program but he said it’s basically going to be a mini 150, at least in styling, sort of looks a little more boxy in those pics. I take what the young fella told me with a grain of caution tho... hopefully if it is it won’t cost an arm and a dick.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
You would think the Ranger would at least get the option of the 2.7 on the lariat or up. Or maybe even an option on all the trims. To stay competitive with GM. What I mean by that is, it has all but been confirmed GM will be offering the 2.7 inline 4 in the twins for the sole option. That’s a decent bump up in horsepower and torque compared to Ford’s 2.3.

The other option I can see, the 2.3 remains the sole power train for the Ranger with the exception of the Raptor, but xl and up can be paired with the Hybrid. That would close the power gap between GM’s 2.7.
I agree completely. To stay competitive, the next generation Rangers should have 2.7 as an option, either as Lariat and up, or Tremors across the board; or alternatively, with the electric Powerboost as an option on same. The vehicle itself can stay the same size or grow a bit, just so it stays in the middle, bigger than a Maverick and smaller than a 150.

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I agree completely. To stay competitive, the next generation Rangers should have 2.7 as an option, either as Lariat and up, or Tremors across the board; or alternatively, with the electric Powerboost as an option on same. The vehicle itself can stay the same size or grow a bit, just so it stays in the middle, bigger than a Maverick and smaller than a 150.
Yes. Exactly my line of thinking too. I’m very very tempted to test drive a Silverado this Saturday morning JUST for the curiosity of their 2.7 turbo. I’ve been interested in that engine since the beginning. Guys have been raving about it. And from research I’m doing, I’m not finding any significant failures or problems as of yet. GM is also pushing that engine hard. In my area there’s tons of 2.7 Silverado’s on the lot.

I’m testing a Ranger this Saturday, and the Chevy is right next door so why not.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
new vehicle interest rates creeping up, covid-20 probably something those of us who work need to think about in regards to income [I took a 20% hit to keep my team together last April] and unless they are making some of the options standard or some that we have all griped about available Its a non-starter for me. An awesome hybrid would possibly get me into the stealership for a test drive though.

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
new vehicle interest rates creeping up, covid-20 probably something those of us who work need to think about in regards to income [I took a 20% hit to keep my team together last April] and unless they are making some of the options standard or some that we have all griped about available Its a non-starter for me. An awesome hybrid would possibly get me into the stealership for a test drive though.
Auto 4x4? I, for the life of me, can’t figure out why Ford is so damn prude about offering that option. It should be standard on all models like GM and Ram offer. It might not be significant for a lot of people, but it’s very handy in certain situations.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
For me, I want a SCAB lariat and I'd stick with the 2.3 but with a updated sync and interior styling. And a Hybrid option would be good, for me. I wouldn't buy a hybrid first year, but wait to year 2-3.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I agree that it looks slightly bigger compared to our 5G Rangers, but I do not think that is a bad thing. I am thinking that 2023 would be just about the right time for me to upgrade from my 2019, and if the 2023 Tremor is a bit bigger that existing Rangers--and roomier, with more power, improved suspension, and a better stereo system--then I am all in. (I love 150s, but they are just too big to be practical, and so a slightly bigger Ranger would be just exactly perfect!)
I 100% agree!!! I own an ‘02 F-150 and I won’t be shopping for a full size since they have grown so much in the 19+ years since I purchased mine. A midsize SuperCrew perfectly meets my needs, but going to a smaller bed is a deal breaker. Hopefully since most of the competition offers a crew cab with a longbed, Ford will do the same?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

HBird

Threads