First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
For the last several weeks when I opened the Ford Pass app I would get a pop-up saying the app had stopped working. Same thing today, so I thought if I would just reinstall it that may fix the problem. Now there's another problem. It appears the Ford Pass app is missing completely from the Google App Store. Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Being technologically challenged I'm at a loss.
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
What Android version are you running?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
If you're running Lollipop thats probably your problem. Isn't that Android 5.x? I think they are on 11 now?

According to FordPass it requires Android 7.0 or higher
I think we've found the problem folks. It's about time for a new phone anyway. Being approx. 3 years old it may as well be 100 years old as fast as technology changes. Thanks for the help.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
FYI:
I have been getting this message on FordPass Android (Galaxy S9) App. for a week "Sorry, FordPass not responding, please try again later." Called FordPass help and the rep. said a new version 3.19 came out a week ago. Uninstalled existing App. and reinstalled. Logged into FordPass account and App now works seamlessly.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
FYI:
I have been getting this message on FordPass Android (Galaxy S9) App. for a week "Sorry, FordPass not responding, please try again later." Called FordPass help and the rep. said a new version 3.19 came out a week ago. Uninstalled existing App. and reinstalled. Logged into FordPass account and App now works seamlessly.
I tried that uninstall also Paul. But, my phone was to old to get the new version. So I've got a new phone on the way. Dang phones go out of date quicker than a gallon of milk. :)

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I tried that uninstall also Paul. But, my phone was to old to get the new version. So I've got a new phone on the way. Dang phones go out of date quicker than a gallon of milk. :)
Sorry about that Jim. The new technology changes can be frustrating :frown:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The app has had a lot of updates lately for Apple. I've been lucky and have not had any issues with mine where I see others having them whether it be an Android or Apple devise.

Jim, at least you'll be into the 21st century with your new phone now and you don't want to have any issues while traveling next year after picking up your Bronco in IA.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Sorry about that Jim. The new technology changes can be frustrating :frown:
It's especially tough when you're technologically challenged like me. :)

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The app has had a lot of updates lately for Apple. I've been lucky and have not had any issues with mine where I see others having them whether it be an Android or Apple devise.

Jim, at least you'll be into the 21st century with your new phone now and you don't want to have any issues while traveling next year after picking up your Bronco in IA.
@AzScorpion Heck brother, by then the new phone will be out of date. Bwahaha

Oh, by way of an email for something else Sean told me I'm a mere 774th in line at Granger. He also says they have 203 allocations for 2021, so we shouldn't be to bad off for the 2022 run. However, I'm sure that will also depend on option constraints. Keeping my fingers crossed we'll get them while the weather is still warm.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion Heck brother, by then the new phone will be out of date. Bwahaha

Oh, by way of an email for something else Sean told me I'm a mere 774th in line at Granger. He also says they have 203 allocations for 2021, so we shouldn't be to bad off for the 2022 run. However, I'm sure that will also depend on option constraints. Keeping my fingers crossed we'll get them while the weather is still warm.
I think my reservation was 10 days after yours (Oct 14th) so there will probably be a blizzard out when I get mine! ?

That's where plan B falls into place and we head southeast down to FL. One way or another I'm putting some miles on that rig before coming home. My gf already has 7 weeks vacation banked because she's been working from home. Heck I may be like Sid @Msfitoy and live in mine. ?
Sponsored