NICE Loaner Car from the Ford Dealer

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
We just got my wife a new escape hybrid titanium a couple months ago. Traded in a ‘17 explorer sport (which was awesome) but I didn’t expect much. Turns out is a damn nice vehicle and really nice to drive.
We took it on two road trips so far Elgin,IL to door county WI for a long labor day weekend last summer and Nash,KY for almost a week over Thanksgiving..Good ride, I was comfy in the back recline seats for a nap and my teenage son even likes to drive it..and he drives my old hemi ram pick up.
I figure we are saving about $150 in gas over her '16 per month and the payment increase was $40 per month! I did well on the trade, I was only $700 out of pocket difference trade-to-payoff with 0% apr ford credit 72 mos.
win-win. It was the single best deal for me in '20 :)
I definitely did better with Covid, they were very motivated and were tripping over themselves to close the deal.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Took the ranger in for a minor warranty item and they gave me a brand new Ford Escape Titanium hybrid as a loaner. Came complete with Husky mats, window tint, and only 88 miles. I've never driven a hybrid and didn't actually know it was one when I started it leading me to the next part of the story. I "started" it and turned it off multiple times not realizing it was hybrid which initially takes off on electric motor(s) meaning it doesn't actually START the internal combustion engine. Anyhow, it's a really nice driving vehicle. Going to play with the auto park feature in my driveway since it has it. :D
How many sheets of 4 ft x 8 ft plywood can you haul in that?

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Took the ranger in for a minor warranty item and they gave me a brand new Ford Escape Titanium hybrid as a loaner. Came complete with Husky mats, window tint, and only 88 miles. I've never driven a hybrid and didn't actually know it was one when I started it leading me to the next part of the story. I "started" it and turned it off multiple times not realizing it was hybrid which initially takes off on electric motor(s) meaning it doesn't actually START the internal combustion engine. Anyhow, it's a really nice driving vehicle. Going to play with the auto park feature in my driveway since it has it. :D
Similar situation here. Sales guy e-mailed to check up on me at the 1 year after purchase mark, asking if there was anything I was unhappy with. I gave him a short list of things that weren't quite perfect (like the clunky 3-4 shift when cold). The things were so minor, I was really surprised when a few minutes later I got an e-mail from the service guy asking if I could drop off the Ranger for a couple days so they could take a look and see if any of my concerns were solvable. When I asked if they had a loaner I could use, they said no, so they'd rent me a car from Enterprise.

I dropped off the Ranger yesterday, expecting to get some little compact as the rental (which would be fine...I only need the vehicle for commuting for the next couple days). What I got was a brand new (330 miles when I picked it up) Ford Explorer Limited. Keep in mind that my Ranger is an XL, so it's quite the treat to have all these bells and whistles for a few days. My butt is instantly warmed upon startup, the steering wheel is toasty warm, and there's power adjustable everything. My daughter thinks the power folding 3rd row is the coolest thing ever. I'll be happy to have my Ranger back, but this Explorer certainly decreases the separation anxiety.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Loaners are the best test-drives in the world. You get to try the vehicle in your own real-world conditions to see if it really works for you or not.

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Glad to hear the positive feedback on the hybrid. I was on the development team in my previous role, we put a lot of effort into smooth drivability.

IMG_8083.jpg
Just so happens that after my wife took a drive in it last night she had me hunting for one online this morning. Amazing value for the money. May be time to retire the 2018 Outback.

DuckDCoy

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I drove escapes for a bit for work and even through some of the nastiest blizzards I’ve ever driven in, they were absolutely fantastic in the snow. Way more than once I complained about driving the escape but I always had to give it props for its snow and ice handling.

OP
OP
TBR17

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I drove escapes for a bit for work and even through some of the nastiest blizzards I’ve ever driven in, they were absolutely fantastic in the snow. Way more than once I complained about driving the escape but I always had to give it props for its snow and ice handling.
Agreed. Had a few as rentals when I flew to Detroit on business. The drive from the airport to Auburn Hills isn't much fun in the dead of winter.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Glad to hear the positive feedback on the hybrid. I was on the development team in my previous role, we put a lot of effort into smooth drivability.

IMG_8083.jpg

I also bought a 2020 Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD, for my wife. I am very pleased with the vehicle. You did a great job.

35DF9F8D-1618-4FCE-8C24-DD6CBE9D2012.jpeg

43C113BC-7CC8-48FA-80F7-CB45B6F43636.jpeg

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
('14 Escape owner here) I feel like the '20s lost some character. But, I am glad that with the Bronco Sport divergence, the Escape can just be the car that it is, and it doesn't have to poorly pretend to be an outdoor vehicle anymore. Maybe the clowns on the Escape Facebook group will stop calling them "trucks" :facepalm:

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Needed a loaner for one day , dealer counter dude asked what I drive , well surprise ; they gave me a 20 Ranger xlt 4wd . It had 1500 miles on it so I had to punch it and was not as quick as my 2wd , I just smiled . Much more of a stiff ride on bumpy streets than mine but really do not know what feels better on streets . I guess all Ford stock suspensions suck .