Getting a loaner vehicle from the dealer when your truck is being repaired

Ole.Jaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
My 2020 Ranger went in on day two of ownership for a repair. They gave me a loaner to drive around in. A 2020 F150 with less than 60 miles on it. The window sticker was in the glove box marked at 60K. I put 800 miles on that truck, and was kinda sad getting back into my Ranger when it was done. If I could afford it I would have left my Ranger there.
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Brandon, I think the problem may have been communications between the service dept. and the rental dept. Many times in these situations the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. And, many times the right hand doesn't care. It's the way of the world. So, you did what you needed to do by contacting the rental dept. yourself.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Dealer i bought my old subaru from across the street from my residence offered free loaners on any repair or service visit you needed. Hell they would give me a loaner just so I could drive home and wait for them to call me to come get my car, i put 3 miles on it lol. they actually encouraged customers to get the loaners.
1000x this. I've owned a Jeep, a Cadillac, a Subaru, and this Ranger. Had them all to the dealer for an extended service/issue. The only place that I EVER got a loaner was Subaru. I usually get a judgmental "We don't do that here" when I ask after a loaner for my truck that'll take 2 days to fix. I'm not sure what Subaru's deal with loaners is, but they WANT you driving these things. This has happened at every Subaru dealer I've been to. All the same. One time, we were planning a 6-hour drive to see family right after dropping off my fiancé's Crosstrek. I thought I was being cheeky asking if we could take the loaner on the 600-mile round trip. They immediately said they encouraged us to take the loaner. So we did. The service experience at Subaru is unmatched. I can understand why people are so loyal to that brand. My fiancé also wants to now upgrade to the new Forester after getting one as a loaner while her Crosstrek was in for an oil change.

TL;DR - Subaru FTW

OP
OP
bamahater

bamahater

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Brandon, I think the problem may have been communications between the service dept. and the rental dept. Many times in these situations the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. And, many times the right hand doesn't care. It's the way of the world. So, you did what you needed to do by contacting the rental dept. yourself.
So it turned out my truck was ready to go around the time the loaner was to be ready so I didn’t need one. Btw I was not trying to be whiny, privileged or fishing for controversy. I was legit frustrated my 4,000 mile truck was in the shop for 3 days for a warranty issue and a loaner vehicle was not available. They had to order the replacement part and with Covid no guarantee when the part would have arrived and when my truck would have been completed. I guess I know next time I need to request to get a loaner vehicle when I schedule my service and one might be available.
Sponsored