2021 Ranger XL Adds New STX Special Edition Package for Upgraded Tech, Wheels and Interior Finishes

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Scott,

68°!!! Wife and I would freeze. We have had dual A/C in our last several vehicles...use it all the time, both sides set to the same temp.... We have never changed it.....always 72° :)
We had dual temperature control in our Explorer and have it in the Ranger now, but we have never used it once. Generally speaking, being from California, I like things a bit warmer than my wife does, but the difference is not that great that we can't agree on a mutually acceptable temperature. Of course, some folks obviously like to set the temperatures differently, and it is great that Ford is giving them this option....

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
It seems to me if you are setting both side to the same temperature then you are not using the dual-zone feature. That is how mine is set also, both sides to the same temp - currently 72 (which it never gets to). I do like the feature where I can lock the 2 together and that is how I use it.

Personally I don't see the point of dual zones in such a small cabin. My GMC had it and I always set both the same anyway. But then I always drive alone so there is that.
I love the dual zone. I freeze & keep mine on 76, my husband is too hot & keeps his about 72. It does make a difference to me even though the cabin is small.:blush:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I love the dual zone. I freeze & keep mine on 76, my husband is too hot & keeps his about 72. It does make a difference to me even though the cabin is small.:blush:
You'd need a parka in mine if you're freezing at 76. lol ? I keep mine at the lowest setting but it is hotter than the sun here.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'd need a parka in mine if you're freezing at 76. lol ? I keep mine at the lowest setting but it is hotter than the sun here.
Yes. We had a cold front come through the other day & the temp dropped to 68. I was freezing! Anything below 70 & I need a coat. :giggle:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes. We had a cold front come through the other day & the temp dropped to 68. I was freezing! Anything below 70 & I need a coat. :giggle:
I'm the same here. It's so hot in the summers that once it drops into the 70's I'm freezing. lol. But 60's or whatever the lowest setting in the Ranger is feels good when it's 110+ outside.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm the same here. It's so hot in the summers that once it drops into the 70's I'm freezing. lol. But 60's or whatever the lowest setting in the Ranger is feels good when it's 110+ outside.
I'm sure! That's mighty hot!:whew:

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Moving from Texas back to Mo. I know what you mean about 70 feeling cold. But 70 in Mo don't feel so bad, I really enjoy it. I am very glad I got my STX in 19 because dual zone hvac is something I would not have wanted. Just something else to go wrong. I am not into all the tech stuff so I'm happy with what I have. As far as dual zone goes if you hung two thermometers next to each other in the center of the cab they would probably have identical readings. Just my thoughts by a happy STX owner without a Damper.?

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
Had this been available in 2019, I'd have gotten it too. I wanted the big touch screen but I wanted vinyl flooring even more so I got the XL STX instead of the XLT.

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Does the STX come with rubber floor had that in my 2013 f150 STX really liked it, cant stand carpet in a truck.

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
How close does this get it to just being an XLT? I ended up with an XLT, but went in looking at the XL with SXT package... but that tiny screen just wasn't going to cut it, ha.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Stealership called me to see if I wanted to bring my '19 with 15k on it in to talk about 'upgrading' to a 2021...they had been spamming my email with constant trade-in promo trash.
I laughed and asked whose idea there it was to try to get folks in to not only take a huge loss on the old one but pay-up for a higher note. Got some sales-speak nonsense.
I told them to call me if/when they do a Ranger AWD hybrid, other than that I'm fine until 50-55k.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Stealership called me to see if I wanted to bring my '19 with 15k on it in to talk about 'upgrading' to a 2021...they had been spamming my email with constant trade-in promo trash.
I laughed and asked whose idea there it was to try to get folks in to not only take a huge loss on the old one but pay-up for a higher note. Got some sales-speak nonsense.
I told them to call me if/when they do a Ranger AWD hybrid, other than that I'm fine until 50-55k.
Getting the same emails plus now sending it in US Mail . No deals there .
Sponsored