Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Limited 2.0 BiTurbo
Occupation
Mechanic
Hello!

I am new to the forum, but i have read alot of threads allready and like the forum very much.
I decided to start a thread here to maybe get som tips along the way.

I am from Norway, an work as a mechanic at a rental company. We are a small business with 2 people, and we have around 80 machines, MEWPs, forklifts, telehandlers, excavators (but mostly american Genie lifts)

I previously had a 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero that has served me well for some years, but now it is time to change it out.

The Ranger was ordered just before christmas in 2019, and was due to delivery 20. April.
In the meantime, corona struck and the delays started...

The Euro model as i understand is made in South Africa, and is shipped by boat to Norway via Holland.
In Holland the car was stranded over a month when the boats was cancelled. When it finally reached Norway and was throu the customs, it was further delayed to the dealer. Before the corona the cars was transported by train to the nearest large town, but now it had to be transported on freighttrucks, and their capacity was overloaded due to the train situation.

But finally about two week ago the Ranger reached the dealership, and i could go see it for myself :D

Some info on the Ranger:

- 2.0l Diesel 213hp, 500nm (There is only diesel available i Norway, also alot cheaper to drive than gasoline)
- Limited edititon (This is between XLT and Lariat US versions i think. Euro models are: XL, XLT, Limited, Wildtrack (And Raptor of course))
- Pluspackage Limited (Difflock, skidplate, Adaptive Cruise, Autopark)
- DAB Radio, 8" sync3, 6 speakers (Okay sound actually, no B&O option here) and Bluetooth
- 20" LEDbar extra highbeam
- 32" LED alert bar on the roof
- Bedslide
- Cargofloor instead of the backseats
- Roof-rack over the bed

The price: 583 322,- NOK ( 61 814,05 USD )

I was very clear to the dealer that i wanted to see the Ranger before they started mounting the extra equipment that i ordred, but that did not reach the right persons there, end they installed them anyway.

2020-06-18 13.10.05.jpg

I was disappointed by the way they mounted the front extralight, and really dissapointed by the way they mounted the top warning-lightbar!
The front light was way to far to the front, and the top was plain ugly work, you can see for yourself:

2020-06-22 14.39.59.jpg

2020-06-22 14.11.27.jpg

These pictures was taken a few days later at the decal-company. Our company decals came out nice i think:

2020-06-22 15.15.19.jpg

Here you can see the light at the front-light is way to far from the grille.

I got the dealer to remove the top light, and mounted another on my own:

2020-07-01 21.21.50.jpg

And added work-lights to the rear:

2020-07-01 22.08.02.jpg

Here i have flipped the bracket for the front light and mounted it further back. Had to remove 3-4cm (1,5") from the bracket to make it fit, but i am really pleased by the difference.

2020-07-02 15.59.04.jpg

2020-07-02 15.59.00.jpg

You can see my old car in the background.

Inside i have no backseats, in Norway it costs way more in taxes to add seats than just have 2 seat i pickups / vans / suvs for working.
Passengercars with more seats have white numberplates, but the ones with only two seats have green as you can see.

If i wanted backseats the price would be around 116 500 USD:crazy:

Here is my floor solution instead of backseats, i will have a toolchest on one side and shelves on the otherside soon.
This also helps alot with roadnoise.

2020-07-01 22.11.44.jpg

Inside there will not be any large mods other than this, but i am waiting for some Ram Mounts for my Tab and phone. Will post pictures of this when they arrive.

In the rear i have a roof-rack mounted over the bed, and an original rollercover (tonnau?) In the bed itself is a Bedslide, and yesterday i started mounting some shelves on it:

2020-07-07 08.16.18.jpg

2020-07-07 08.16.28.jpg

Also mounted PVC pipes to carry my 5ft prybar and pipe. Mechanics will know the work the pipe does :rockon:

That is all i have now, willl post more soon :) Let me know what you think, and please feel free to ask if you have any questions!
Sponsored

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Fantastic!

Great work on the front light bar, and the interior cargo area, WOW! Looks very good and useable.

Very sad roof light install from the dealer, looks like a child did the work.

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Fantastic!

Great work on the front light bar, and the interior cargo area, WOW! Looks very good and useable.

Very sad roof light install from the dealer, looks like a child did the work.
Thank you very much :)

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
if it's gorilla tape holding that wire down, you're good to go. its for the toughest jobs on planet earth.

1594125285844.png
Not unlikely, but i was thinking more of the aesthetics of it. I am picky when it comes to my cars :inspect::wink:

Tito

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Ranger, Not getting another, fuel in oil.
Hello!

I am new to the forum, but i have read alot of threads allready and like the forum very much.

I am from Norway, an work as a mechanic at a rental company. We are a small business with 2 people, and we have around 80 machines, MEWPs, forklifts, telehandlers, excavators (but mostly american Genie lifts)

I previously had a 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero that has served me well for some years, but now it is time to change it out.

The Ranger was ordered just before christmas in 2019, and was due to delivery 20. April.

The Euro model as i understand is made in South Africa, and is shipped by boat to Norway via Holland.
In Holland the car was stranded over a month when the boats was cancelled. When it finally reached Norway and was throu the customs, it was further delayed to the dealer. Before the corona the cars was transported by train to the nearest large town, but now it had to be transported on freighttrucks, and their capacity was overloaded due to the train situation.

But finally about two week ago the Ranger reached the dealership, and i could go see it for myself :D

Some info on the Ranger:

- 2.0l Diesel 213hp, 500nm (There is only diesel available i Norway, also alot cheaper to drive than gasoline)
- Limited edititon (This is between XLT and Lariat US versions i think. Euro models are: XL, XLT, Limited, Wildtrack (And Raptor of course))
- DAB Radio, 8" sync3, 6 speakers (Okay sound actually, no B&O option here) and Bluetooth
- Bedslide
- Roof-rack over the bed

I was very clear to the dealer that i wanted to see the Ranger before they started mounting the extra equipment that i ordred, but that did not reach the right persons there, end they installed them anyway.

2020-06-18 13.10.05.jpg

I was disappointed by the way they mounted the front extralight, and really dissapointed by the way they mounted the top warning-lightbar!
The front light was way to far to the front, and the top was plain ugly work, you can see for yourself:

2020-06-22 14.39.59.jpg

2020-06-22 14.11.27.jpg

These pictures was taken a few days later at the decal-company. Our company decals came out nice i think:

2020-06-22 15.15.19.jpg

2020-07-01 21.21.50.jpg

2020-07-01 22.08.02.jpg

Here i have flipped the bracket for the front light and mounted it further back. Had to remove 3-4cm (1,5") from the bracket to make it fit, but i am really pleased by the difference.

2020-07-02 15.59.04.jpg

2020-07-02 15.59.00.jpg

Inside i have no backseats, in Norway it costs way more in taxes to add seats than just have 2 seat i pickups / vans / suvs for working.
Passengercars with more seats have white numberplates, but the ones with only two seats have green as you can see.

Here is my floor solution instead of backseats, i will have a toolchest on one side and shelves on the otherside soon.

2020-07-01 22.11.44.jpg

Inside there will not be any large mods other than this, but i am waiting for some Ram Mounts for my Tab and phone. Will post pictures of this when they arrive.

In the rear i have a roof-rack mounted over the bed, and an original rollercover (tonnau?) In the bed itself is a Bedslide, and yesterday i started mounting some shelves on it:

2020-07-07 08.16.18.jpg

2020-07-07 08.16.28.jpg

Also mounted PVC pipes to carry my 5ft prybar and pipe. Mechanics will know the work the pipe does :rockon:

That is all i have now, willl post more soon :) Let me know what you think, and please feel free to ask if you have any questions!
That looks great. I've been looking for solutions for a floorboard when I remove my backseat in my crew cab. Is that rear floor board something you created or purchased?

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
That looks great. I've been looking for solutions for a floorboard when I remove my backseat in my crew cab. Is that rear floor board something you created or purchased?
Comes as a package, Made by Lafinto

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello!

Some info on the Ranger:

- Bedslide
- Roof-rack over the bed

2020-06-18 13.10.05.jpg

2020-06-22 14.39.59.jpg

2020-06-22 14.11.27.jpg

2020-06-22 15.15.19.jpg

2020-07-01 21.21.50.jpg

2020-07-01 22.08.02.jpg

2020-07-02 15.59.04.jpg

2020-07-02 15.59.00.jpg

2020-07-01 22.11.44.jpg

2020-07-07 08.16.18.jpg

2020-07-07 08.16.28.jpg

Hi Martin,

I think you have done a superb job converting this Ranger to a useful work truck for your business. Well Done!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've seen sone shoddy work done over here and those light bars are right up there. You did a great job fixing the dealers mess and your Ranger looks great! Going to be one of the nicest work trucks in Norway. :like:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Really nice looking truck! Good job.

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Hi Martin,

I think you have done a superb job converting this Ranger to a useful work truck for your business. Well Done!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thank you very much! Looking forward to having all my plans ready and working :)

I've seen sone shoddy work done over here and those light bars are right up there. You did a great job fixing the dealers mess and your Ranger looks great! Going to be one of the nicest work trucks in Norway. :like:
Yes i guess it was done by someone "Just working there", clearly not much workmanship involved unfortunatly. But one of the nicest work trucks in Norway i feelis quite a reach :blush: Thank you for the kind words ?

Really nice looking truck! Good job.
Thank you very much! ?

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Thanks for posting that! Always interesting to see what our trucks look like outside North America.
Yes its funny to compare. I am not sure what all the differences are inside and outside?

Inside i have seen is only the 4wd knob?

Outside i can see different fenders, plastic(?) cover on the wheel arches with marking lights, and of course a much nicer looking tailgate and rear lights!

OP
OP
HitMix

HitMix

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
New things for the Ranger:

2020-07-08 12.33.58.jpg

2020-07-08 12.41.31.jpg

2020-07-08 12.41.48.jpg

2020-07-08 12.41.39.jpg

2020-07-08 12.41.44.jpg

It fits perfectly in the rear door!!? Could not be any closer to the doorgasket on the right or the doorcover to the left, but all clearance is good clearance ?

Also quite like the key design ?

2020-07-08 12.42.20.jpg

Hauled a couple of loads today, the Ranger is a joy to use:

Weighs approximately 7300 lbs

2020-07-08 07.06.19.jpg

Also picked up the boat today:

2020-07-08 12.30.19.jpg

2020-07-08 12.30.32.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice looking rig! I like how you cleaned up the external lighting. Looks like a serious and tough work truck!
Sponsored