John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
truckfrontmay2020.jpg

My minor front end details: lettering and Putco grill. Stock Ford styling seemed incomplete and it annoyed me. Fixed.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Today I found out my Ranger and the Lincoln Aviator that I had sought would not be able to coincide due to the Aviator's length as it would cut off garage access to the Aviator without the garage door being opened and you would have to walk around the Aviator, so with this we realized that the only options were to retain the MKX or purchase a Lincoln Nautilus. So we are now the proud owners of a new Nautilus which arrives from Team Ford in Las Vegas on Friday. This gives me time to clean out the MKX for trade-in. I had a figure on mind for the trade in as this MKX only has 22060 miles on it and it is approaching 5 years old. Dealer tried to offer $2000 less. I stood firm and the Sales manager told me he would split the $2000 with me. I stood up and started to walk out....well....there was a "conference" with the General Manager. So I got my price and we will have a new Nautilus on Friday.... Funny is the dealership in Las Vegas, Team Ford, which is owned by a felllow Steve O. that was one of my teams in off road racing.... Small world some times. So the dream of an Aviator was squashed, but the new Nautilus has the wife very pleased.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Folks,

Today I found out my Ranger and the Lincoln Aviator that I had sought would not be able to coincide due to the Aviator's length as it would cut off garage access to the Aviator without the garage door being opened and you would have to walk around the Aviator, so with this we realized that the only options were to retain the MKX or purchase a Lincoln Nautilus. So we are now the proud owners of a new Nautilus which arrives from Team Ford in Las Vegas on Friday. This gives me to clean out the MKX for trade-in. I had a figure on mind for the trade in as this MKX only has 22060 miles on it and it is approaching 5 years old. Dealer tried to offer $2000 less. I stood firm and the Sales manager told me he would split the $2000 with me. I stood up and started to walk out....well....there was a "conference" with the General Manager. So I got my price and we will have a new Nautilus on Friday.... Funny is the dealership in Las Vegas, Team Ford, which is owned by a felllow Steve O. that was one of my teams in off road racing.... Small world some times. So the dream of an Aviator was squashed, but the new Nautilus has the wife very pleased.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired.
Hi Phil,

Congrats on the new Aviator Nautilus ? It's funny how they always find a way to make it work once you get up and head for the door. You'll have to post some pictures when you you get it. I'm sure Tito will also enjoy the new wheels.?

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,

Congrats on the new Aviator. ? It's funny how they always find a way to make it work once you get up and head for the door. You'll have to post some pictures when you you get it. I'm sure Tito will also enjoy the new wheels.?
Hi Dave,

Nope...not the Aviator...would not fit in the garage...So we got the Nautilus. Much like the MKX in size but a key for the wife was the digital speedo that the new Nautilus has

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Nope...not the Aviator...would not fit in the garage...So we got the Nautilus. Much like the MKX in size but a key for the wife was the digital speedo that the new Nautilus has

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

I just realized I wrote it wrong. I must be dyslexic today. :oops::crazy:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, what's a Nautilis? Sounds like a submarine.
hqdefault.jpg
Yep! and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with Capt. Nemo Only with the 2.7 twin turbo Ecoboost, this will be much faster than either older Nautlius..... :like: I am waiting for the wife to put her foot into this motor....I bet she will be astonished at the power. Anyway...the MKX served us well and there was no need to purchase a new vehicle, but we are at this point in life where there are not many years left, so we should enjoy if we can! Being AWD will not really be necessary in AZ but what the hey! Got the 21" wheels and the tires are ContiTracs...Much better than the Handcooks on the Lincoln...POS tires.

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I guess i just realized a Nautilus was a Lincoln, looks pretty snazzy.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I guess i just realized a Nautilus was a Lincoln, looks pretty snazzy.
All I could think was someone got a really good deal on a used car. I can hear the salesman now "Owned by an older lady who only drove it to church on Sundays" In most cases I would think that was a crock of bull. In this case, its the unicorn.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Phil, congratulations on the new Nautilus. It looks really good.
Sponsored