First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
I read through the thread that started back when Ford announced the tune. I'm interested in feedback from those who have done it. Was it worth it? Positives and negatives ?
Sponsored

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
I have only a week or so of light driving. Shifts are so much tighter, up and down. The only reason not to, is if you don't like buying premium. Or if you already have a ticket problem. Hahahaha. Btw, I also have the magnaflow cat back with the 2 pipes out of the muffler.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I read through the thread that started back when Ford announced the tune. I'm interested in feedback from those who have done it. Was it worth it? Positives and negatives ?
Did this require a new thread on subject? Why not ask this question on the other thread that most follow? Now we have two threads with similar subjects. Just wondering.

Finitalia

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Is there a link to this performance pack from ford? Or did you call the dealer?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, Bill, I ordered three weeks ago from Levittown Ford Parts, and received an email confirming my order--since then, nothing, I am following up with them now. This seems a little long, and I notice from responses above that at least one member has received his pack and is running it, which makes me doubly anxious....

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Did this require a new thread on subject? Why not ask this question on the other thread that most follow? Now we have two threads with similar subjects. Just wondering.
x2

OP
OP
Shomare

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
So sorry, I read through the other thread and I just wanted to get to the point. That thread started when the performance pack was announced and I wanted a real world update. Feel free to merge

OP
OP
Shomare

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
I have only a week or so of light driving. Shifts are so much tighter, up and down. The only reason not to, is if you don't like buying premium. Or if you already have a ticket problem. Hahahaha. Btw, I also have the magnaflow cat back with the 2 pipes out of the muffler.
Thanks, coming from a Focus RS so I'm not shy about tuning or gas milage

Len

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fleet Manager/Automotive Engineer
Hey, Bill, I ordered three weeks ago from Levittown Ford Parts, and received an email confirming my order--since then, nothing, I am following up with them now. This seems a little long, and I notice from responses above that at least one member has received his pack and is running it, which makes me doubly anxious....
Ordered mine from Levittown Ford on April 22nd and got this email on the 29th:

We are waiting on our next stock order of Ranger Cal kits from Ford Performance and we are expecting delivery in the next few business days. Please check your E-mail for the latest tracking information when it becomes available. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder as well. We will ship as soon as it arrives in our facility. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks and stay safe, Mike D.

So far no tracking #

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
Mine gets installed this Wednesday (4/6/2020) at 1:30pm CDT... have an semi-informed opinion after that... :like:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine from Levittown Ford on April 22nd and got this email on the 29th:

We are waiting on our next stock order of Ranger Cal kits from Ford Performance and we are expecting delivery in the next few business days. Please check your E-mail for the latest tracking information when it becomes available. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder as well. We will ship as soon as it arrives in our facility. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks and stay safe, Mike D.

So far no tracking #
Dear Len: I just received a nearly identical reply, except in my case they are talking about weeks, not days, and they are offering me a full refund in case I do not want to wait: "We are waiting on our next stock order of Ranger Cal kits from Ford Performance and we are expecting delivery in the next few weeks. Please check your E-mail for the latest tracking information when it becomes available. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder as well. We will ship as soon as it arrives in our facility. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you prefer not to wait we can cancel the order and provide a full refund at any time. Thanks and stay safe, Mike D. " Still, I am really interested in this mod, and Levittown does have the best prices, and so I will just wait. At least I know that the members who have received and flashed their tunes are generally pleased with the results....

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Does this package include the Roush CAI?
If it does, I've ordered the CAI since early March, and no arrival. I've since cancelled the CAI because Roush charged my credit card with no shipping date. My impression is that Roush is still not back to business. Maybe, this is why the delay in this package from Ford.
I wasn't sure the Ford package was any more then a CAI plus a tune that mimics what the engine would normally do with 93 octane gasoline.
I have installed a MagnaFlo Cat back and wanted to install the CAI (not arrived yet), use the 93 octane to not pay Ford for the same package. Maybe I still missed something?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Does this package include the Roush CAI?
If it does, I've ordered the CAI since early March, and no arrival. I've since cancelled the CAI because Roush charged my credit card with no shipping date. My impression is that Roush is still not back to business. Maybe, this is why the delay in this package from Ford.
I wasn't sure the Ford package was any more then a CAI plus a tune that mimics what the engine would normally do with 93 octane gasoline.
I have installed a MagnaFlo Cat back and wanted to install the CAI (not arrived yet), use the 93 octane to not pay Ford for the same package. Maybe I still missed something?
Yeah, I am assuming that Levittown is having supply problems because of the pandemic--so I am not getting upset with them about this....

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Yeah, I am assuming that Levittown is having supply problems because of the pandemic--so I am not getting upset with them about this....
Yup...they may be the real problem.
I just wanted to let guys know it may be the CAI is not available.
I had the impression that the package was not an improvement in what the truck will normally deliver - and they can save that money. The package doe not include the cat back, but the owner may be better served to consider that over the Ford package.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Yup...they may be the real problem.9
I just wanted to let guys know it may be the CAI is not available.
I had the impression that the package was not an improvement in what the truck will normally deliver - and they can save that money. The package doe not include the cat back, but the owner may be better served to consider that over the Ford package.
No, the FPP includes a new filter, but no changes to the filter box or air tubing.

The total gain may be higher than the 15hp from Roush, or may be the same. Would love to see a real dyno comparison of the two options.

Both options seem to have VERY modest gains at a fairly high price, but do protect the warranty.
Sponsored