Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Management
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m thinking of pulling the trigger today on the AFE catted downpipe and wanted to hear if you guys had any experience with this, is a tune required? Aside from the CEL for the 02 censor, I’ll be getting a defaulter for that, but I have Buddies that have said when they did this to their cars prior to a tune they would have issues with the car running through the redline before it would change gears.
Has anyone done this mod prior to a tune on the Ranger? Any issues?
Sponsored

Skeletor

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
So I’m thinking of pulling the trigger today on the AFE catted downpipe and wanted to hear if you guys had any experience with this, is a tune required? Aside from the CEL for the 02 censor, I’ll be getting a defaulter for that, but I have Buddies that have said when they did this to their cars prior to a tune they would have issues with the car running through the redline before it would change gears.
Has anyone done this mod prior to a tune on the Ranger? Any issues?
Yes this is a late reply. Better than never. I have the SPD catted down pipe and when I take my tune off I have no issues. I drive with no tune for several days at a time when I take my truck into the shop.

Ranger2020zoomzoom

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Na
Yes this is a late reply. Better than never. I have the SPD catted down pipe and when I take my tune off I have no issues. I drive with no tune for several days at a time when I take my truck into the shop.
Did you have to do the defouler trick to the sensor? Ever have anymore experience with other brands of down pipes or have issues with them? I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on one.
Sponsored