Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully I will be hearing more from my dealer after job 1 starts. Yeah this thread was a good idea!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the data I have so far, I may continue scraping the missing vins later tonight... If I'm bored. :D
It might be a good idea to remove ZIP codes from the spreadsheet and reupload. Since people here have posted their exact VIN numbers, it’s really easy to match their ZIP code as well. It’s a privacy issue and I think giving the State is good enough.

Also this is very good data, how are you obtaining it?

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It might be a good idea to remove ZIP codes from the spreadsheet and reupload. Since people here have posted their exact VIN numbers, it’s really easy to match their ZIP code as well. It’s a privacy issue and I think giving the State is good enough.

Also this is very good data, how are you obtaining it?
I pulled the zip codes off, they're the zips of the dealership not the customer - but still.

I literally am brute forcing it heh, incrementing vin number up or down by 1 and calculating the VIN check digit then checking it against the order site. I may be a bit crazy. :D

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the zip codes off, they're the zips of the dealership not the customer - but still.

I literally am brute forcing it heh, incrementing vin number up or down by 1 and calculating the VIN check digit then checking it against the order site. I may be a bit crazy. :D
Ok maybe I’m just being paranoid. And I admire your dedication.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Great work, Josh. I took a look at the data you compiled and acknowledge it is painstaking and not a total listing of orders to date. I did note that in the data you've extracted that only 7 or 8 trucks in that list are east of the Mississippi. Where's the Ford fans in the East?

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great work, Josh. I took a look at the data you compiled and acknowledge it is painstaking and not a total listing of orders to date. I did note that in the data you've extracted that only 7 or 8 trucks in that list are east of the Mississippi. Where's the Ford fans in the East?
They're actually in the earlier half of the vin spread that I haven't checked yet. It looks as though VIN are being assigned by zip code in ascending order.

RangerManR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1999 Ford Ranger XLT, 2013 Mustang
Awesome idea @rangerdanger!

Might as well add me to the list even though I don't have a VIN yet either. Order date October 12th.

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the data I have so far, I may continue scraping the missing vins later tonight... If I'm bored. :D
Yeah I dont see any of the orders from Indiana yet.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
I have a list of 135 VIN numbers that are active on the Ford order tracking site, there are about 470 more that I haven't checked yet - not sure if anyone is interested in the data or not but it includes order date, state and zip. I started working off the first valid VIN a member here provided and worked my way up/down the list until they stopped working.

First valid customer order vin is 3460
Last (currently) valid customer order vin is 4068

Some in between aren't working so its not completely 608 scheduled customer orders so far, but close.
not a complete list as the 1st 10 digits varies by the truck. Example: supercab, 2wd, etc

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
I like the spreadsheet. I wonder if there is any correlation with the model ordered to the order date, and to the build date? When I was looking at rangerdangers spread sheet I was curious as to whether the ordered trucks were XL, XLT, Lariat, 4x4, 4x2 etc.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like the spreadsheet. I wonder if there is any correlation with the model ordered to the order date, and to the build date? When I was looking at rangerdangers spread sheet I was curious as to whether the ordered trucks were XL, XLT, Lariat, 4x4, 4x2 etc.
I was contemplating adding color, trim and packages but this is a very manual process and it would take me forever.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
I was contemplating adding color, trim and packages but this is a very manual process and it would take me forever.
Understand. Spreadsheets can become cumbersome quickly.