Who has the 4X2 Rangers

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I average a fuelly app verified 23.8 mpg.
That's kind of crazy that's the same average mileage I get with my XLT SuperCrew 4X4
Sponsored

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercab ,2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
That's kind of crazy that's the same average mileage I get with my XLT SuperCrew 4X4
Is your mileage read off your dash display, or actually calculated ?

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I truly needed 4x4 while living in Idaho going out in the woods and mountains every weekend. When I moved to Texas, I kept buying 4x4s just because I thought I might need it just in case sometime, somewhere in the "hill country" ...or maybe low water crossings. So I didn't even consider NOT having a 4x4.

BUT, my last three vehicles were 4x4 and I never once engaged 4WD! Let's face it, most of Texas is flat land. Even when driving off road ...if you have experience driving off road, very seldom will you actually need to engage 4x4.

So after considering all of that, I finally gave up the 4x4. Got a nice loaded 4x2 Lariat with all the bells & whistles, saved money on the truck, fuel, and insurance. I imagine I'll save money on maintenance and repairs in the long run as well. Sure, I'm dressing mine up like a 4-by ...added a leveling kit and plan to add some good wheels & tires eventually for a bit of extra clearance on my Texas flat land off road adventures.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking 4x4s, I still love them ...when necessary.

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I know the feeling - I use to go 2 wheeling back in the day and living in GA I didn't have need for 4x4 (except I did like the FX4 decal) but love that the title to my truck is here at my house in the fireproof safe instead of with the bank.

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I know the feeling - I use to go 2 wheeling back in the day and living in GA I didn't have need for 4x4 (except I did like the FX4 decal) but love that the title to my truck is here at my house in the fireproof safe instead of with the bank.
You just need to make an FX2 decal ...Trac & Trail baby!

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller
There maybe somethings I won't be able to do - but I also live in Atlanta so when it snows here we all try and just say home.
I retired shortly after the last Atlanta 1" snow/ice storm :) Nice how they closed the downtown interstates for a few days, I was able to stay home with pay.
I also got the 2WD with the locker. Hope I never need the locker but it should help if I get stuck pulling our camper off a wet soggy field or an uphill loose gavel campsite.

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Back in my days in the logging business, we used to say that 4x4's were good for getting you stuck further in swamp! We drove 4X2 full size Cheyenne's with mudgrip rear tires.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I live in a valley in which it never snows. I do enjoy driving in the Sierras on forest-service or worse roads but when I do I take my Jeep Rubicon which has a winch, aggressive tires, high ground clearance, sway bar disconnect and is generally setup for off-road driving. I carry a lot of recovery gear and a lot of survival equipment.

For that reason I did not want another 4x4 as I didn't need it and I didn't want the extra maintenance required for the transfer case and the extra differential up front.

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone put a leveling kit with add-a-leaf to rear?
I just purchased the 3” front , 1.5-2” back,
Curious to see if any photos out there

TKDMasterV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT - Sport
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP