XLT vs Lariat sun visor colors?

TexasTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CC
Vehicle Showcase
New to this Ranger forum not new to Ford trucks though :)

I would like to buy a Lariat drivers sun visor with Homelink (hate having three clickers). I went through the Ford build process, but I don't see it mention the headliner/visor color? There are obviously multiple interior colors but it doesn't seem to apply to the headliner/visors.

TIA
Sponsored

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My black interior has a light upper half. I'm sure they're all the same / stone colored.

I had dirty handprints on my visor in the first month :facepalm:

garyrox

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
My black interior has a light upper half. I'm sure they're all the same / stone colored.

I had dirty handprints on my visor in the first month :facepalm:
Are the wires for the Lariat visors in the headliner on the XLT like they were on my 150 when I installed the homeland visors?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Are the wires for the Lariat visors in the headliner on the XLT like they were on my 150 when I installed the homeland visors?
I have heard not. But all you need is a switched 12V source. I think there is a thread on front cameras that has instructions on where to tap into.

OP
OP
TexasTruck

TexasTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CC
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies. I went to my dealer and asked to look at the interiors for an XLT and Lariat models. The two of us could not see any difference in the headliner/visor colors. I emailed Tascaparts and they claim they're the same too. As for powering it, my plan is to tap the camera 12v which is switched. I'm curious if there is a camera only harness (XLT) vs one with camera *and* visor lighting (Lariat).......

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Texas - Please share part number and install when done! This mod is on my list. I did it on my Frontier by cutting a hole in the head liner and tapping into overhead console. This time I don't want to cut up my new truck.
What part of TX are you in? I lived in Fort Worth area for 22 years. Damn I miss TX!

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
I am also interested in doing this. Keep us informed TexasTruck!

OP
OP
TexasTruck

TexasTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CC
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered Ford Part # KB3Z-2104105-CA. Each Ford parts source confirmed that our interior headliner/visor color is medium stone. Currently there is only one color available for our headliner/visors anyway. This is the left (drivers) visor with Homelink and mirror w/light. The visor has one plug on the end where the visor attaches to the headliner/roof. I plan to remove the connector and wire it to the camera power/gnd wires. I did waffle for a moment over the Homelink kit on Amazon which work well (have two in other vehicles), but I didn't want to try my x-acto knife skills on the visor.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered Ford Part # KB3Z-2104105-CA. Each Ford parts source confirmed that our interior headliner/visor color is medium stone. Currently there is only one color available for our headliner/visors anyway. This is the left (drivers) visor with Homelink and mirror w/light. The visor has one plug on the end where the visor attaches to the headliner/roof. I plan to remove the connector and wire it to the camera power/gnd wires. I did waffle for a moment over the Homelink kit on Amazon which work well (have two in other vehicles), but I didn't want to try my x-acto knife skills on the visor.
Post pictures!

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Has anyone positively confirmed the wiring/connectors for the Lariat visors isn't included with the XLT trim or are we assuming the wiring/connectors for the visors aren't present in the XLT trim?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone positively confirmed the wiring/connectors for the Lariat visors isn't included with the XLT trim or are we assuming the wiring/connectors for the visors aren't present in the XLT trim?
Pretty sure someone confirmed the later.
Really missing my Frontier, Nissan used the same core harness and these kind of mods were very easy.

chip

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Is it even a switched 12v?

I'm 99% sure that I raised and lowered my garage door in my lariat without having the truck running or even the accessory on.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Is it even a switched 12v?

I'm 99% sure that I raised and lowered my garage door in my lariat without having the truck running or even the accessory on.
Good question - it should be!

Leave you truck unlocked, go put your keys inside and come back and try to open or close the G door.
My wife's Chrysler will not activate the G door without the key present.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

My Ranger will open and close the garage door without a fob present in the truck.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

My Ranger will open and close the garage door without a fob present in the truck.
LOL thanks Phil
well that means I might just stick with the G door remote Velcroed on the angle surface below the 2 12V pwr ports. My main drive to add the homelink was the added security of not being able to open the G door if I leave my truck unlocked.
Sponsored