Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
One of the few things I am not liking is the lack of a black option for the headliner and associated parts on the pillars and roof. I have seen pics where the Ranger Raptor (in other markets) have black parts. I'm not really worried about the headliner itself being the Raptor is a Supercrew and I will be getting a Supercab so I can just recover it. But sun visors, A pillars, B pillars lights, grab handles etc I would need to source, I was wondering if anyone knows if dealers here in the states can get these black specific parts or has access to the part numbers? I work in VW parts and our parts catalog has access to other market part numbers even though it's not sold in the states. And I have a company that I used to get a lot of my Euro specific parts for my GTI and they can get other OEM brands including Ford so if they can't be gotten here in the states I have a back up. I figured I'd ask here first before visiting my local dealers. TIA
2019-ford-ranger-raptor-interior-cargo-space-5cf4bdcdd48e8.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Be careful. People who have gotten the Rest of World driver side A piller trim to add a drive side grab handle have reported that the trim is different and will not fit our North American Rangers.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful. People who have gotten the Rest of World driver side A piller trim to add a drive side grab handle have reported that the trim is different and will not fit our North American Rangers.
Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:. I'm honestly not too concerned with the grab handle as I never use those, so I'd be ok with a black A pillar trim without grab handle.

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Trenor
Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:. I'm honestly not too concerned with the grab handle as I never use those, so I'd be ok with a black A pillar trim without grab handle.
From what I recall reading about those trying to ad the handle, the entire a pillar piece does not fit correctly not just the handle part. I imagine even one without the handle would still have issues fitting.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just letting you know that ROW trim is not the same as NA.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Just letting you know that ROW trim is not the same as NA.
Appreciate the info. If those are different then I can just wrap the pillars in alcantara like I plan to with the headliner :like:. The main things I'm after are the sun visors, dome lights and the rear grab handles. I'm sure there will be more once I've fully looked at a supercab interior in person, dealers in my area only have supercrews...if they have them lol. I've already started the process of acquiring euro VIN's (both UK and Germany) like I did when I was wanting Euro VW parts. Hopefully they work in US catalogs like they do with VW :fingerscrossed:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Morgan,

You might want to order more alcantara than you originally thought you’d need - it’s really quite the crap shoot on what might swap in and what won’t. Good luck in your search and if you do find items that swap in, please start a thread so others will know.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Morgan,

You might want to order more alcantara than you originally thought you’d need - it’s really quite the crap shoot on what might swap in and what won’t. Good luck in your search and if you do find items that swap in, please start a thread so others will know.
I definitely will pass along any info/part numbers here to help others as well. :like:

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
*Update*

Whomp whomp :frown: Euro VIN's (I.e. the Ranger Raptor) do not work in US Ford parts catalogs. Parts guy said they show no Ranger Raptor stuff at in their catalog at all. Oh well, I'll figure something out eventually lol.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I would wrap the pillars in cloth. Many options available, typically used for headliners. These clean well and will hold up to the handling of reinstalling and cleaning better than a painted/dyed product. Dye the other plastics for the visor clips and overhead console. Whatever you choose for the headliner, get an upholsterer to wrap your sun visors in the same thing.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Why not just dye everything?
SEM makes a good quality vinyl/plastic prep and dye(paint) product.
Properly prepped, it lasts for years
Might be what I'll have to do as I know first hand SEM makes good products. I'm just one of those anal people that if there is a part already in the color, I try to get it. Another reason for wanting to source the Euro sun visors though is NO AIRBAG WARNING LABLES. I did that on my GTI. I'm sure I can source overhead dome lights, grab handles and sun visors on the European eBay sites as I have already seen a couple things with a quick search. Just mostly brain storming right now and seeing if anyone else might have already went through this lol

I do have 4 Euro Raptor VIN's (2 UK and 2 DE) if there are any Ford Parts guys on here outside the US that can look up part numbers ?

Last edited:

rossagge

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
I do stuff...
Might be what I'll have to do as I know first hand SEM makes good products. I'm just one of those anal people that if there is a part already in the color, I try to get it. Another reason for wanting to source the Euro sun visors though is NO AIRBAG WARNING LABLES. I did that on my GTI. I'm sure I can source overhead dome lights, grab handles and sun visors on the European eBay sites as I have already seen a couple things with a quick search. Just mostly brain storming right now and seeing if anyone else might have already went through this lol...
I'm considering the same. Would like to have my entire interior black. Been searching AU Ebay site for trim pieces. I'm gonna find a way to reach out to any Ford Parts store overseas to see what I can make happen. I've been reading a couple threads on here about guys trying to get grab handles and trim pieces and they say the parts, don't fit. Yet the parts they ordered were for the 2011-2017 MKII Ranger I believe. I think they call the 2019 and up MKIII or IV depending on the market. I scrutinized the pics and vids as best as I can that I've seen regarding overseas Rangers 2019 and up and I don't see a difference on the interior. I'd like to get the driver's, LH, grab handle. I don't see why Ford would make changes b/t the ROW and NA Rangers when it comes to trim pieces like that. Other than RHD vs LHD parts. I know on the exterior there are differences. I even watched a vid about the 2019 NA vs ROW and the changes are mainly details such as frame, suspension, engine, towing...stuff like that. I'm gonna keep looking into this more.

KK916

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
furniture restoration
Might be what I'll have to do as I know first hand SEM makes good products. I'm just one of those anal people that if there is a part already in the color, I try to get it. Another reason for wanting to source the Euro sun visors though is NO AIRBAG WARNING LABLES. I did that on my GTI. I'm sure I can source overhead dome lights, grab handles and sun visors on the European eBay sites as I have already seen a couple things with a quick search. Just mostly brain storming right now and seeing if anyone else might have already went through this lol

I do have 4 Euro Raptor VIN's (2 UK and 2 DE) if there are any Ford Parts guys on here outside the US that can look up part numbers ?
Just FYI I used to be a Volkswagen guy, everyone in our club always got the airbag labels off of our visors with a nail polish remover/water mixture and a micro fiber rag... You can probably google the exact mixture (It's been years, I don't remember exactly) but it worked really well. Maybe grab one from a salvage yard to try it on first.
Sponsored