First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Now don't be grumpy Grumpaw, err I mean Steve...LOL!!!
Just seems sad they come out with concepts (looks like it's a cousin of the Jeep pickup), but how many out there have cancelled Bronco orders cause Ford can't build what has been ordered...
What comes first a wish/dream list, or the customer ?

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
Just seems sad they come out with concepts (looks like it's a cousin of the Jeep pickup), but how many out there have cancelled Bronco orders cause Ford can't build what has been ordered...
What comes first a wish/dream list, or the customer ?
Not the customer, Steve :crying:
Poor management decisions I believe are right up there though :facepalm:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's pretty cool Phil! I know there's been talk about this for a while now to compete with the Gladiator. Personally I think Ford has enough trucks in their truck line and should concentrate on just getting their warranty issues under control before launching another model.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
All these concept's, yet they can't build the vehicles that they already advertise......
This!! Start building what you already have before throwing another concept out there. I mean it wold be nice to have something that competes with the Gladiator but do they really need to compete in that market? IMHO I say no they don't especially with their (Fords) big push towards EV's right now. Seems like they have to much going on and no control over it right now. :crazy:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
This!! Start building what you already have before throwing another concept out there. I mean it wold be nice to have something that competes with the Gladiator but do they really need to compete in that market? IMHO I say no they don't especially with their (Fords) big push towards EV's right now. Seems like they have to much going on and no control over it right now. :crazy:
IMO, the Gladiator is kind of a niche market anyway. I really don't think Ford needs to add MORE new vehicles to their mix at this point - fix what you know is broken FIRST, then you can work on adding more new vehicles.

It didn't sound like this was anything official - it sounded to me like this was some "fan" that did some renderings on what it might look like.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
That's pretty cool Phil! I know there's been talk about this for a while now to compete with the Gladiator. Personally I think Ford has enough trucks in their truck line and should concentrate on just getting their warranty issues under control before launching another model.
Agreed Dave! In fact, with all the transmission issues here lately that the Rangers seem to be having it is making me wonder if I made the correct decision buying my Tremor. I was looking at maybe buying another Gladiator, but the prices are too high and the dealers that have left over new 2022 models want to low ball me on my Tremor on trade. No wonder they still have 2022 models in their inventory. Anyway, the plan for me is to keep my Tremor for now and keep my fingers crossed that I do not have tranny issues!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Agreed Dave! In fact, with all the transmission issues here lately that the Rangers seem to be having it is making me wonder if I made the correct decision buying my Tremor. I was looking at maybe buying another Gladiator, but the prices are too high and the dealers that have left over new 2022 models want to low ball me on my Tremor on trade. No wonder they still have 2022 models in their inventory. Anyway, the plan for me is to keep my Tremor for now and keep my fingers crossed that I do not have tranny issues!
I wouldn't worry to much about the transmission issues. Yes there are several popping up lately but still not enough to cause a panic like the fuel in the oil thread. :shock: But I would add an extended warranty (if you haven't already) before your 3/36 is up as it'll give you some added peace of mind down the road.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Someone on the Bronco forum chopped up his brand new First Edition to make his own Bronco Pick Up. I have a thread on it here and he did a great job fabricating everything up.

1677250527578.png

1677250550954.png

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
I wouldn't worry to much about the transmission issues. Yes there are several popping up lately but still not enough to cause a panic like the fuel in the oil thread. :shock: But I would add an extended warranty (if you haven't already) before your 3/36 is up as it'll give you some added peace of mind down the road.
Good idea and already did with Granger Ford just after I bought it. I drive it pretty easy and don't put a lot of miles on it or go off road, so I may be fine. Just a bit unnerving to see all the concerns here lately :frown: