Why am I having trouble zeroing in on this electrical component?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I've researched before and put it on the back burner for lack of finding results.

I am looking for a panel (flush) mount 12v port type product to pass through electrical connections through walls. I am more or less looking for something like an ethernet rack style panel mount, but for 12v electrical. This is in my never ending quest for the most detailed, clean, and professional looking install I can be capable of.

But again I turn up empty handed.

Yes there are trailer style plugs and yes there are smaller round type connectors (usually max out at about 6 pins for the higher amperage rated ones). Yes there are flush mount pass through spade / power pole type connectors, but I want something cleaner than that with tactile click in connections.

I could use ethernet and just dedicate all internal lines to juice, but I don't think even that can handle some higher amperage auxillary items.

Surely such a product is out there?

Something like this, but for 12v electrical applications:

71ATO+KcVsL._SL1500_.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Try looking for Anderson connectors.
Yes those are power pole connectors. The problem is finding a pass through panel that has numerous connectors. I'd like to find something that is one piece with numerous connectors without patching together a bunch of doubles.

They have products like this, but that is not the install I want:

rr-4008h-starter_xlrg.jpg

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I've researched before and put it on the back burner for lack of finding results.

I am looking for a panel (flush) mount 12v port type product to pass through electrical connections through walls. I am more or less looking for something like an ethernet rack style panel mount, but for 12v electrical. This is in my never ending quest for the most detailed, clean, and professional looking install I can be capable of.

But again I turn up empty handed.

Yes there are trailer style plugs and yes there are smaller round type connectors (usually max out at about 6 pins for the higher amperage rated ones). Yes there are flush mount pass through spade / power pole type connectors, but I want something cleaner than that with tactile click in connections.

I could use ethernet and just dedicate all internal lines to juice, but I don't think even that can handle some higher amperage auxillary items.

Surely such a product is out there?

Something like this, but for 12v electrical applications:

71ATO+KcVsL._SL1500_.jpg
Have you checked black box or digikey?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I think they’re called powerex in Yorba Linda, CA. They carry many manifold types for whatever your purpose. They stack easily and have mounting plates,, keep digging they’re there..

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
They can be slow on response but still knowledgeable.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
You can actually interlock the connector pieces together and get a shroud that they lock into instead of what you show. Its clean!!

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
If you really dig, the connectors can be mounted flush. The mounting has the options of flush, semi flush and protruding. If you dig into the documentation you will see they have allowed for set pin options as standard for the amount of protrusion if any. Try looking up applications notes. I’ve used them a lot without protrusion it’s just a matter of “pinning” them correctly. Call those people after the holiday they will set you right.

I really think this is right for you but you’re going to have to do your homework. I call it engineering..

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
FYI I use these on a few DoD programs and they’re flush mounted grouped together. Knowledge is king here and hopefully you figure it, then have that wow moment ?, that was easy… if not I can help decipher it for you if you get stuck..

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oh wait I have to give the obligatory comment that goes something like this ..

“If you don’t know what you’re doing then why would you do it, you know you’re gonna screw it up” RP

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
Yes those are power pole connectors. The problem is finding a pass through panel that has numerous connectors. I'd like to find something that is one piece with numerous connectors without patching together a bunch of doubles.

They have products like this, but that is not the install I want:

rr-4008h-starter_xlrg.jpg

Call them... If they dont have something that fits the bill they may have something that works

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer