First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Excellent. I think I'll be doing something like this soon.

For clarity I currently use the self service type wand bays. And never the brush.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Ya, a couple of hundred is on the high side for a decent power washer. Craigslist is another option along with Harbor Freight. Figure a dozen payed carwashes and your even. Then you start putting it back in your pocket for more mods! ?
Great minds!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Excellent. I think I'll be doing something like this soon.

For clarity I currently use the self service type wand bays. And never the brush.
Then you’re going to love one of these. Heck, you’ll be power washing bi weekly just because ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Then you’re going to love one of these. Heck, you’ll be power washing bi weekly just because ?
I look @ car washing like I do yard work or my other man chores.

I'll bitch and moan about 'em, but deep down I really don't mind. With 2 teenage daughters it's nice to escape for some me time.

But I'll bet you're right that the cars will stay twice as clean.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I look @ car washing like I do yard work or my other man chores.

I'll bitch and moan about 'em, but deep down I really don't mind. With 2 teenage daughters it's nice to escape for some me time.

But I'll bet you're right that the cars will stay twice as clean.
I'm weird as I actually enjoy detailing my vehicles. The power washer does make it kind of fun too. Just be careful with the foam cannon as you can get carried away with it. ?

Foam .jpg

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer
OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Ok.

You guys got me thinking numbers.

I'm a carwash guy. I like to hear my quarters plop into the machine I guess, maybe it's nostalgia.

I've poopoo'd a pressure washer/foam cannon due to costs, but you've got me wondering.

What would you consider an average equipment cost to get into a pressure washer and cannon?

Quick math says I probably spend a grand a year washing vehicles at the car wash.:facepalm:
DUDE!
A. There ain't no coin-op carwash near me.
B. In Phoenix, they are always in Shiztastic neighborhoods
C. You are at a security risk there because you can't hear people sneak up on you and you got cash.
D. They cost as much as a full service wash now.

Only deal is that a FS wash doesn't do wheel wells - so I wanted t hose them out at home and then take the truck in to get detailed.

Side note...
I'm in Anthem AZ. Right on the north side of Phoenix where I-17 comes in from the Rim Country. want to open a Coin Op Car Wash here near the Outlets because every one coming in from wheeling in the northern country all weekend will pass through here. "Wash your rig before the wife sees how dirty you got this weekend sticking it in a mudhole."

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Side note...
I'm in Anthem AZ. Right on the north side of Phoenix where I-17 comes in from the Rim Country. want to open a Coin Op Car Wash here near the Outlets because every one coming in from wheeling in the northern country all weekend will pass through here. "Wash your rig before the wife sees how dirty you got this weekend sticking it in a mudhole."
That would be a good business in that area for sure. There's a few of these in a small town we were at in UT last year and they were always packed with Jeeps, trucks and side x sides washing the dirt and mud off. What was nice is if you paid with a credit card it didn't time you out. You could rinse and wash as long as you wanted to then get billed for that amount of time.

Me, I'm adding this to the back window in my Bronco. ?

It's Dirty.png

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
DUDE!
A. There ain't no coin-op carwash near me.
B. In Phoenix, they are always in Shiztastic neighborhoods
C. You are at a security risk there because you can't hear people sneak up on you and you got cash.
D. They cost as much as a full service wash now.

Only deal is that a FS wash doesn't do wheel wells - so I wanted t hose them out at home and then take the truck in to get detailed.

Side note...
I live in a pretty safe small suburb. Crime isn't too much of a concern for me here.

They are just about as expensive as full service but I do a better job.
Sponsored