What speakers is everyone upgrading to?

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
So I’m looking for the next part of my money spending and I would like to upgrade the sound.

what have you upgraded to? I have the 6 speaker system in the xlt and it’s fine but I want more. I know I’ll be doing the tweeters as well as the 6.5s but I haven’t bought speakers since in 3-4 years! I don’t want to break the bank I see you can get a decent kit for 200$ with out the tweeters.

I would like them all to match as well.
Sponsored

Scheusal

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ford Finance Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Kicker replacements from Stage3. Im happy with them as far as drop ins go. I might add an amp to get the most out of them and add a subwoofer. My last 7 cars were Audi's with Bank & Olufsen....so the stock speakers were not doing it for me. I wish the B&O was an xlt option.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I bought the Kicker replacements from Stage3. Im happy with them as far as drop ins go. I might add an amp to get the most out of them and add a subwoofer. My last 7 cars were Audi's with Bank & Olufsen....so the stock speakers were not doing it for me. I wish the B&O was an xlt option.
they seem like a good deal! I’m going to assume you could tell a difference with them?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I went with Hertz....have a pair of coax on my Harley an they crank. I have the extended cab so replacing the rears looks to be a major pain but I have a pair of infinity Kappa's laying around an a pair of rockford fosgate 3 ways so I'll probably use one of those pair in the back.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_301K170/Hertz-K-170.html

Scheusal

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ford Finance Manager
Vehicle Showcase
they seem like a good deal! I’m going to assume you could tell a difference with them?
yes....it is def. noticeable. still would want an amp to get the volume up a lil without risking blowing speakers and distorting the sound.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I like the wires that come with the ones from stage 3 do you guys know where I can buy those separately so I can have a choice in what speakers to get?

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just adding a sub and sub amp did wonders to my non-B&O system. It absolutely jams on 17-21 with my JL 8". I listen to EVERYTHING too! From Bob Marley, old school Tone Loc to new school Country.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Just adding a sub and sub amp did wonders to my non-B&O system. It absolutely jams on 17-21 with my JL 8". I listen to EVERYTHING too! From Bob Marley, old school Tone Loc to new school Country.
I listen to 90% all country new and old I've thought of going this route first! Just not sure on the box for the sub! As well as sub control I don't want a knob for the amp!

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Yessss I looked on there but wasn't sure what to look under! Well looks like I get to go through the best bang for your buck research lol thank you
Crutchfield is usually a couple dollars more expensive but theirs customer service and return policy are unbeatable. If you buy speakers from them they'll give you the mounting rings and wire harness for free.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Crutchfield is usually a couple dollars more expensive but theirs customer service and return policy are unbeatable. If you buy speakers from them they'll give you the mounting rings and wire harness for free.
Do you know if we need a mounting bracket? I only ask because stage 3s kit comes with one so you don't have to do any extra drilling! But on crutchfield it says it fits our trucks so does that mean the holes line up? Lol

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I listen to 90% all country new and old I've thought of going this route first! Just not sure on the box for the sub! As well as sub control I don't want a knob for the amp!
I can tell you to just go the route of what I did and save a lot of time looking for something that fits. I spent a couple weeks and even attempted my own box build. In the end, I went with a factory JL 8" in my signature, already owned the amp from previous vehicle install and already owned the Audio Control input converter from previous install. It sounds GREAT! Tapped into rear speaker wires that are found under the most obvious trim panel where rear doors are located. Ran the amp 12v straight to battery. Grounded on child safety seat latch behind rear seat. I had to trim a little bit of the rear wall carpet and remove the 3 rubber feet to get the seat to latch, but did I mention, it sounds GREAT!

EDIT: I REMOVED THE THE JACK TO MAKE THE SUB ENCLOSURE FIT.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve carpeted the amp rack since but here’s a pic of the enclosure. I store the jack in the toolbox now.

5A5CDEEA-F724-4058-9E9F-9F741B148FCF.jpeg

8DF2F990-01E5-467B-9C86-753092F051BE.jpeg

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I’ve carpeted the amp rack since but here’s a pic of the enclosure. I store the jack in the toolbox now.

5A5CDEEA-F724-4058-9E9F-9F741B148FCF.jpeg

8DF2F990-01E5-467B-9C86-753092F051BE.jpeg
Simple and to the point! Pride wise looks like it may be easier for me to start with the door speakers! Than move to the sub if I feel I need more boom lol
Sponsored