What size are these holes in the bed sidewall?

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I want to secure a box in the bed to hold my tool boxes. There are two threaded holes in each sidewall just behind the wheel well that I could use an anchor points. I had a bed liner sprayed in and, of course, they got the material in the holes. I have to run a thread chaser through them but want to make sure I have the right size and thread. Anybody know?

Jon

IMG_3570.jpg
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I know they’re 8mm but I can’t remember the pitch. It’s been a few months since I chased the threads on my own.

LNK_Keff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat sport 501 magnetic gray, 2018 Volvo XC90 T5, 1963 Chevrolet Impala 2 door coupe
Occupation
Logistics Manager
They’re M8-1.25

OP
OP
JonB

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Photo doesn’t show it but there are two loops up front and two in back. LNK Keff - thanks for the dimensions.

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
Hello JonB,
As Ranger Pride mentioned, there was supposed to be a loop bolted in this location, just like the ones you have in the front and back.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I want to secure a box in the bed to hold my tool boxes. There are two threaded holes in each sidewall just behind the wheel well that I could use an anchor points. I had a bed liner sprayed in and, of course, they got the material in the holes. I have to run a thread chaser through them but want to make sure I have the right size and thread. Anybody know?

Jon
Lot's of data on this topic...

here: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/missing-cargo-bed-tie-downs-arrived.4725/page-4#post-87591

and

here: HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL STX FX4 Magnetic Super Cab

002.JPG

OP
OP
JonB

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Thanks guys. Called the dealer today and had him get me the two loops and four bolts. Not sure I’ll use the loops but good to have.

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
You should have 3 tie downs per side, when FORD was frantically making the ranger they ran out of tie downs, so they started to install only 2 per side. I only had 2 per side; I was able to show my dealer that the trucks should have 3 per side as 90% on the lot had 3. They gave me the additional 2. Think there was a dealer notice to give anyone that asked the additional tie downs.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
You should have 3 tie downs per side, when FORD was frantically making the ranger they ran out of tie downs, so they started to install only 2 per side. I only had 2 per side; I was able to show my dealer that the trucks should have 3 per side as 90% on the lot had 3. They gave me the additional 2. Think there was a dealer notice to give anyone that asked the additional tie downs.
The 2019 Brochure states (6)... the 2020 doesn't state quantity. Therefore a savvy dealer could state you have no grounds to justify additional tie downs on the 2020

2019 Ranger Brochure Page 15 Pickup Box Tie Down Hooks -6-.jpg
2020 Ranger Brochure Page 12 Pickup Box Tie Down Hooks.jpg

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Thanks guys. Called the dealer today and had him get me the two loops and four bolts. Not sure I’ll use the loops but good to have.
The price might scare you .. last I checked it was $75 for 2 loops and 4 bolts

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
The 2019 Brochure states (6)... the 2020 doesn't state quantity. Therefore a savvy dealer could state you have no grounds to justify additional tie downs on the 2020
one of the trucks delivered with only 4 tie downs I see.
moot point, but you should request the missing two from Ford. They were supposed to come with the truck. NOPE

if your other screws for the tie downs arent bed sprayed in place, you could remove one and match it to your tap.
The last Dealer Order Guide revision for 2019 still shows six(6) tie downs, and the first 2020 version shows only four(4)

Attachments

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
one of the trucks delivered with only 4 tie downs I see.
moot point, but you should request the missing two from Ford. They were supposed to come with the truck.

if your other screws for the tie downs arent bed sprayed in place, you could remove one and match it to your tap.
Wait - You can just ask for them and get them?
I thought we had to buy them for like $90 or something ridiculous.
Sponsored