Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
A buddy has those FP/Rigid fogs on his Ranger. All they do is look dumb.

All ditch lights do is reduce nighttime vision and add wind noise. You'll get way too much glare on your hood, and their short distance lighting isn't enough to see past the range offered by the stock headlamps.

Unless you're driving at like 1mph, illuminating ditches so close to you won't provide any reaction time. A good set of round driving lights (like the $500 ARB Solis 21, which come with all the wiring and switches you need) will provide a broad swath of illumination, lighting up those mythical ditches far enough in front of the vehicle to provide actual safety.

Mounting them in front of your grill will get all that light out in front of you, where it adds vision rather than just hurts your eyes.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
A buddy has those FP/Rigid fogs on his Ranger. All they do is look dumb.

All ditch lights do is reduce nighttime vision and add wind noise. You'll get way too much glare on your hood, and their short distance lighting isn't enough to see past the range offered by the stock headlamps.

Unless you're driving at like 1mph, illuminating ditches so close to you won't provide any reaction time. A good set of round driving lights (like the $500 ARB Solis 21, which come with all the wiring and switches you need) will provide a broad swath of illumination, lighting up those mythical ditches far enough in front of the vehicle to provide actual safety.

Mounting them in front of your grill will get all that light out in front of you, where it adds vision rather than just hurts your eyes.
I use "ditch light" as described...to light up the ditch...or in most cases, to see better while turning in pitch black at, yes, 1 mph off road...there's no reason to have them on while driving on highway...as for noise, I have none...yes, believe it or not, my truck is very quiet at highway speeds inspite of RTT, shovel, ditch light, 285 tires...and I disagree that Rigid are useless...at least for those of us with limited budgets... ?